Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

DAVIS SCHOR is SPAMMING Fodors' posters.

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16th, 2000, 05:11 PM
HateIt

Other Fodors' posters have received SPAM e-mail from a person representing himself as:
David [email protected].
Today I received one also saying he was an artist and is selling paintings.
I cannot find where on Fodors I can send a complaint about this person who is obviously getting real e-mail addresses off this site.
I am no longer using any real personal data.

Can anyone tell me how to file a complaint about this person with Fodors?

Thanking you in advance.

I urge everyone else who has received SPAM from this person to add a post here.
Do not post your real e-mail address to this site.
I have been receiving at least 3 SPAM e-mails daily since I first used Fodors forums.

Old Aug 16th, 2000, 05:16 PM
metoo

Yes, I, too, have gotten Mr. Schor's emails. Hey, I just delete them without even opening them up. No big deal!
There's really nothing Fodor's can do about. There's nothing illegal in what Mr. Schor is doing!
I look at it as the price I pay for using my real name and address.

Old Aug 16th, 2000, 05:32 PM
kam

There was a question a while ago about why many of us don't use our real email addresses.................for this reason. It's like all solicitation that goes on constantly and after a while the recipients get sick of it. Would anyone ever consider buying stuff after being spammed??

Old Aug 16th, 2000, 06:22 PM
Inspector_Clouseau

There is INDEED something you can do. Forward the e-mail , being sure to include the header to [email protected]. This can be done with any provider,,[email protected] ,[email protected] , etc. They will investigate and if he is found to be spaming they will cancel his account. If course he can set up another one somewhere else , but it is something. Mais, c'est la guerre.

Old Aug 16th, 2000, 06:24 PM
guy

there may be nothing fodor's can do about it but aol will. upon receipt of this SPAM forward it to [email protected].

Old Aug 16th, 2000, 07:48 PM
Disgustedwith

Thank you, Chief Inspector and Guy, for providing me with the proper place to register my complaint.
I must apologize for my type regarding this person's first name.
It was supposed to be DAVID.

Old Aug 16th, 2000, 07:55 PM
Louis

I got one from him a long time ago with a copies of his paintings. I e-mailed back and said you must be kidding. I have not heard from him since. Then I sent copies of his paintings to some of my friends as I thought the entire thing was humorous. As somebody once said that they should make painting a death penalty and that would separate the wheat from the chaffe.