Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   DAVIS SCHOR is SPAMMING Fodors' posters. (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/davis-schor-is-spamming-fodors-posters-83141/)

HateIt Aug 16th, 2000 05:11 PM

DAVIS SCHOR is SPAMMING Fodors' posters.

Other Fodors' posters have received SPAM e-mail from a person representing himself as: <BR>David [email protected]. <BR>Today I received one also saying he was an artist and is selling paintings. <BR>I cannot find where on Fodors I can send a complaint about this person who is obviously getting real e-mail addresses off this site. <BR>I am no longer using any real personal data. <BR> <BR>Can anyone tell me how to file a complaint about this person with Fodors? <BR> <BR>Thanking you in advance. <BR> <BR>I urge everyone else who has received SPAM from this person to add a post here. <BR>Do not post your real e-mail address to this site. <BR>I have been receiving at least 3 SPAM e-mails daily since I first used Fodors forums. <BR> <BR> <BR>

metoo Aug 16th, 2000 05:16 PM

Yes, I, too, have gotten Mr. Schor's emails. Hey, I just delete them without even opening them up. No big deal! <BR>There's really nothing Fodor's can do about. There's nothing illegal in what Mr. Schor is doing! <BR>I look at it as the price I pay for using my real name and address.

kam Aug 16th, 2000 05:32 PM

There was a question a while ago about why many of us don't use our real email addresses.................for this reason. It's like all solicitation that goes on constantly and after a while the recipients get sick of it. Would anyone ever consider buying stuff after being spammed??

Inspector_Clouseau Aug 16th, 2000 06:22 PM

There is INDEED something you can do. Forward the e-mail , being sure to include the header to [email protected]. This can be done with any provider,,[email protected] ,[email protected] , etc. They will investigate and if he is found to be spaming they will cancel his account. If course he can set up another one somewhere else , but it is something. Mais, c'est la guerre.

guy Aug 16th, 2000 06:24 PM

there may be nothing fodor's can do about it but aol will. upon receipt of this SPAM forward it to [email protected].

Disgustedwith Aug 16th, 2000 07:48 PM

Thank you, Chief Inspector and Guy, for providing me with the proper place to register my complaint. <BR>I must apologize for my type regarding this person's first name. <BR>It was supposed to be DAVID. <BR>

Louis Aug 16th, 2000 07:55 PM

I got one from him a long time ago with a copies of his paintings. I e-mailed back and said you must be kidding. I have not heard from him since. Then I sent copies of his paintings to some of my friends as I thought the entire thing was humorous. As somebody once said that they should make painting a death penalty and that would separate the wheat from the chaffe.