DAVE AND BUSTERS

are dave and busters any good?
in particular the one on oahu.

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 01:35 PM
Jason

No.

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 02:16 PM
lcuy

I've eaten here three times.. Dinner was really noisy and crowded, but lunch was pleasant. While nothing to get really excited about, the food was tasty. They have a lot of salads, burgers, chicken dishes. They had a big selection of appetizers-- stuffed mushrooms were really good. The soups were rather bland. They tend to rush you thru the meal, but of course most people are on their way to the movies or to the game room anyway.

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 02:53 PM
Rod

Typical chain restaurant food: tastes the same no matter what city you're in. You can do much better in Oahu.

Rod

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 03:06 PM
scigirl

No, in particular the one in Oahu. The one here (Oahu) apparently also charges a cover fee (at least at some times).

Are you looking for activities for children? Places to eat in Honolulu? Rainy day activities?

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 03:28 PM
Curious

You're going to Oahu and looking to eat at Dave and Busters!? For Gods sake, why? You're going to be in the Hawaiian Islands surrounded by nature's own precious bounty: think outside the box!

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 04:15 PM
Leslie

Isn't there one in Philadelphia on one of the wharfs?

Old Mar 6th, 2002, 06:42 AM
linda

we do not have anything like dave and busters in the uk ,that is why i am asking what it is like.
we are staying in oahu for three weeks so we will spend a lot of time soaking up nature bounty BUT we would like to do thing we can't do at home and curious ,its my vacation and i will do what i like NOT what you think i should do

Old Mar 6th, 2002, 06:48 AM
Maria

linda: dave and busters are crap.

Old Mar 6th, 2002, 06:51 AM
lind

thank-you maria thats the sort of answer i was looking for.

Old Mar 6th, 2002, 06:52 AM
d

How rude you Brits can be!!

Old Mar 6th, 2002, 06:58 AM
nmgrrl

linda--
unless you are a food snob (maria?), dave and busters food is totally acceptable (some of it's even quite good--not your typical family restaurant fare). however, people go there for the "adult carnival/arcade" atmosphere: video and fairway games and general silliness. if you have kids with you, and/or are into that kind of entertainment, it's worth a stop, particularly if there is nothing like it in the UK. you'll have the rest of your three weeks in oahu to eat fabulous food.

Old Mar 6th, 2002, 07:25 AM
x

There's a stirring recommendation for a place to eat: their "food is totally acceptable". one of the things I always look for in a dining experience is "acceptable food".

Old Mar 6th, 2002, 07:33 AM
Dick

Dave and Busters seem more suitable for kids to play games.

Food tastes like something prepackaged out of a supermarket freezer.

My advice, if you have kids,,,,eat elsewhere and just go to Dave and Busters for the arcade.

If you don't have kids,,,,why even go there?

Old Mar 6th, 2002, 08:03 AM
linda

could someone please explain exactly what a fairway game is?
in reply to d ,we brits can be very rude to people who were too rude to reply to our post but instead blasphemed at us !

Old Mar 6th, 2002, 08:03 AM
maria

nmgrrl: food snob? think not. just won't eat pre-packaged, frozen, chain-style restaurant food that America has sadly become. don't consider myself a snob to want freshly prepared food that isn't the same from the restaurant down the street. and I stand by my original review of dave and busters - it is crap.

Old Mar 6th, 2002, 08:36 AM
maria

linda: d is an idiot. and have no idea what nmgrrl means by "fairway games" - miniature golf, maybe???

Old Mar 6th, 2002, 08:46 AM
Jeff

I have no kids. I am an unmarried 29 year old guy. I happen to like Dave and Buster's. The food is not gourmet, but acceptable and much better than McDonald's or Burger King. I don't go to D&B's for the food, I go for the experience. The video and fair games are not just fun for kids. Not to mention they have things liek virtual reality golf! It is a great place to go for a first date or with a group. For Linda, fairway games are things like throwing balls to win a stuffed animal or shooting galleries where you win a toy. If you enjoy things like this and don't have it in the UK, I say go for it!

Old Mar 6th, 2002, 09:00 AM
Chris

Would someone be so kind as to simply DESCRIBE Dave and Buster's to Linda??!!

Linda, it's a huge family/American food restaurant, attached to a VERY huge video game arcade area. The food is incidental to the "event", and the food is basic but decent, for a chain. The atmosphere is fun and noisy. In the arcade there can be hundreds of games, from virtual reality games you can climb inside, to "movies" that make you feel like you're in a race car, to the typical video games you'd find anywhere. You win tickets and cash them in for cheesy prizes. In the restaurant part, there are also pool tables, and probably lots of parties. It's fun depending on your age and group. For someone from out of the country, I'd say it's worth checking out as a typical over-excess fun American experience!

Old Mar 6th, 2002, 12:53 PM
linda

THANK-YOU this sounds like exactly the kind of thing we would love ,we don't get many fairgrounds in the uk anymore i havent tried to win a stuffed animal for years ,thanks for the description it sounds great.