Search

Dallas question

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23rd, 2007, 06:54 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dallas question

Will be in Dallas April 20, 21....plan on seeing the Rangers play. Is this in a good part of town? Nice hotel nearby? Area suggestions please...thanks!!
Old Mar 23rd, 2007, 07:04 PM

Rangers play in Arlington, apx. 20 mi. from Dallas. It's a nice town ,there are many hotels in the area. Six flags is near. Not much else. Not an urban area , no walking, ect. If this is what yoy want, I'd take a taxi & stay in Dallas.
Old Mar 23rd, 2007, 07:45 PM
yk

There's not much around the baseball stadium, except for a few strip malls and plenty of chain food restaurants. Also 6 Flags is there.

There are several hotels nearby, if you go to the Rangers' website, I think there's a link to hotels.

If you're renting a car though, I'd suggest you either stay in Dallas or Fort Worth, far more interesting than Arlington.
Old Mar 24th, 2007, 04:59 AM
Original Poster

Thanks...sounds like we will stay elsewhere...How about a trendy part of town where we can walk around to various restaraunts, bars, etc.
Old Mar 24th, 2007, 06:07 AM

go to this site .dallas west village. lots of shops, many one of a kind, several & restaraunts & bars a great art film theater. other restaraunts & shops in the area.

http://www.westvil.com/home.html
Old Mar 24th, 2007, 06:24 AM

You could stay in the Uptown area of Dallas - look at Crescent Court Hotel, The Stoneleigh, Hotel ZaZa. Crescent Court is probably the best of these. ZaZa is a party hotel.

The main drag in this area is McKinney Ave - there's a trolley that connects this area to West Village - where you'll find lots of people hanging out - movies, restaurants, shops.
Bars and restaurants along McKinney Ave also.
Old Mar 24th, 2007, 03:23 PM
tmh

I vote for Ft Worth. It has a lively downtown area where Dallas has none. Sundance Square is filled with restautns, nightlife nad if the game is during the day it also has severl art musuems.

Plus, the drive from FW is easier than from Dallas.
Old Mar 24th, 2007, 11:19 PM

How much do you want to spend? There is a Wyndham (Wyndham Arlington-DFW South) next door to the ballpark. Nice hotel and you can walk to the Ballpark. I take exception to those who say there is nothing to do in Arlington! But the last suggestion is the best. DON'T go to Dallas! Go to Fort Worth. Stay at the Worthington. You can enjoy Sundance Square. If you've the time and the inclination, take a taxi up to the Stockyards. Frankly, I like Sundance Square. Very laid back, safe and clean. Do not miss Bass Hall. (If you're on a budget, the Fairfield Inn Arlington Six Flags (on Lamar) is very close to Ballpark and a decent stay for a reasonable price. I obviously live in Arlington, so if you want to email me directly with any other questions, I'd be happy to help. Have fun...it's a GREAT ballbark! (Even if your seats on on a lower level, make sure you get up to the 3rd level and take in the 360 degree view. You can see Dallas and Fort Worth!
Old Mar 28th, 2007, 12:11 PM

Highly recommend staying in Fort Worth - can't beat Sundance Square. Have a drink on the rooftop at Reata, hit Joe T Garcias. You'll love Fort Worth, I promise....
Old Mar 30th, 2007, 01:40 PM
Original Poster

Is there transportation to the stadium from sundanc Square? How far is the stadium from sundance square? What hotel would you recomend...we will only be there 2 nights. I think this sounds like the best place to me!! Thanks!
Old Mar 30th, 2007, 04:55 PM

AFAIK, there is no public transportation from downtown FW to Rangers Ballpark. You'll need to rent a car or taxe a taxi($$$).

I'd honestly recommend the FW Hilton or the Worthington. Both are in the middle of downtown and very easy to walk to Sundance Square for shopping, etc.

The only problem you might run into is that weekend may be the Main Street Arts Festival. If it is, downtown FW will be VERY crowded! Look at the hotels on University at I-30. I know there is a Marriott Courtyard and a Fairfield.
Old Mar 30th, 2007, 09:29 PM

As stated, if you have a vehicle, you will have a way back to Arlington for the ballgame and can stay in Sundance Square. However, if you're the kind that like to see how much beer they can hold during the game (or margaritas, which they DO serve here at the Ballpark) and also likes to avoid the "after game traffic", then stay at the Wyndham (DFW South/Arlington). Then you can walk to your hotel following the game. Additionally, it is only a 20-minute ride during non-game time from the Wyndham to Sundance Square. So you can still enjoy Fort Worth and all it has to offer. Have fun!
Old Apr 3rd, 2007, 04:48 PM
Original Poster

Hilton is showing $152 per night....would we be better off staying at a $90 a night hotel and taking a cab to Sundance square. Is the Hilton worht 152 per night?
Old Apr 3rd, 2007, 05:08 PM

Have you tried using Priceline and bid 3* Fort Worth Downtown? All three hotels that have come up - Stockyards, Worthington, Hilton - should be okay.
Old Apr 3rd, 2007, 10:42 PM

Unless you're totally into the "cowboy" thing, I would not stay in Stockyards. Too far from anything other than western-themed stores/shops, etc. Sundance is the place to be. The Worthington would be my choice in Fort Worth.
Old Apr 16th, 2007, 11:52 AM
Original Poster

We will be staying at the Holiday Inn express by the stadium....Sundance square looks like a nice place to stay but I'm not interested in spending $250 a night. The art fair sounds like it will be fun....Any good places to eat near our hotel?
Old Apr 16th, 2007, 01:42 PM

Are you talking about Texas Stadium?
Old Apr 16th, 2007, 01:44 PM

Oh...maybe you're talking about the baseball stadium...sorry. What's it called these days?...Ameriquest Field?

It's mostly any chain restaurant of your liking around there.
Old Apr 16th, 2007, 01:59 PM

Lots more than just chains near the Ballpark in Arlington. My Martini and Pirahana Killer Sushi are two very good ones north of the ballpark on Green Oaks and Collins. Piccolo Mondo is a great Italian food retaurant even closer at Lamar and Collins. Sushi Zone is practically walking distance from the ballpark at Road to Six Flags and Collins.
Old Apr 16th, 2007, 03:26 PM

If you have a car, map yourselves to Moni's Pasta & Pizza. 1730 West Randol Mill Road Suite 100, Arlington, TX 76012. The absolute best Italian food you can get in Texas! They're about a 7-minute ride from your hotel. And very reasonably priced!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -