cruise route from Seattle to Alaska

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5th, 2006, 09:00 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What route does a cruise ship take from Seattle to Alaska ? The first port of call is Juneau. The ship is Royal Caribbean Vision of the Seas, sailing in May 2006, if that makes a difference.
Old Apr 5th, 2006, 09:43 AM

I found this info on Royal Caribbean's web site. This may not be the exact cruise you are looking for. I suggest checking their web site for the exact route, http://www.royalcaribbean.com

Day 1 Seattle, Washington
Day 2 At Sea
Day 3 Juneau, Alaska
Day 4 Skagway, Alaska
Day 5 Icy Strait Point, Alaska
Day 6 Inside Passage (Cruising)
Day 7 Victoria, British Columbia
Day 8 Seattle, Washington
Old Apr 10th, 2006, 07:51 AM

This is not one of the better itineraries in my opinion. No glacier sailing and outside passage- meaning open ocean 2 days. Plus, the Vision is a terrible ship for deck viewing, annoying high blue screens all across the front.
Old Apr 13th, 2006, 08:44 AM
Original Poster

So sorry, I did not word my question correctly . I meant where does the ship sail on their way from Seattle to Juneau. Does it sail on Strait of Juan de Fuca or does it sail by Victoria and Vancouver ?, then to the Gulf of Alaska ? Where does the ship enter the inside passage ? and what is the route from Icy Strait Pt / Hoonah to Victoria ?

Hi, BQ. I agree that the itinerary is not good, but the cruise was chosen as a group tour by a member organizer who insisted on sailing out of Seattle, which I did hear has lots of outside passage cruising. The itinerary also dropped Tracy Arm Fjord viewing which I found out from the travel agent after deposits were already made.

Fortunately for me, I have travelled 2 weeks in Alaska from Seward and Homer, Whittier, Anchorage, Denali, Fairbanks, and to Prudhoe Bay. But unfortunate for many in the group who are visiting Alaska for the first time. We've learned our lesson who not to select as travel agent (this is not the only mess up from the agent).
Old Apr 14th, 2006, 04:54 AM

The routing to Juneau is entirely up to the cpt. but will enter inside somewhere from the south and not the Gulf of Alaska. From Seattle it will sail west side of Vancouver Island, usually way outside of scenery.