Search

Cruise for 4

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18th, 2004, 11:22 AM
wally_gator

Cruise for 4

Me,my Wife and 2 teenage kids are going on a Carnival cruise in Dec.2004on the new ship the Miracle.I booked a catagory 8 Balcony Stateroom in the room there is a twin bed, convertible bed and a Upper. I been on Cruises before but not with 4 in a room are we going to feel like fish in a tin can?

Old Mar 18th, 2004, 11:59 AM
Dan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can see no way where you wouldn't be like fish in a tin can. Four to a room is just too many, despite what the cruise line may say. Most cruise cabins are less than 200 sq feet!

Heck of a lot cheaper than a second cabin, though.

May want to cross-post this on the cruise board as more "serious cruisers" post there.
Old Mar 18th, 2004, 12:56 PM
cd

wally gator
Is it possible for you and your wife to change rooms and get just a balcony stateroom that sleeps 2 and get the inside room across the hall for your children?
Old Mar 18th, 2004, 06:38 PM

Gonna be tight quarters. I think getting a separate room for you and your wife is a good idea. I did a Disney cruise and we booked a family stateroom which was fine for the four of us. There was on queen bed and then two bunk beds with a curtain to separate the two. I think the stateroom was about 340 square feet or something like that with a separate toilet from the shower which was awesome. For the most part you won't even be in your cabin so I wouldn't worry about it too much. It would be nice for you and yours to have a little privacy though.
Old Mar 18th, 2004, 09:57 PM

I've not been on the Carnival ship Miracle but I have cruised about six times with two, three, or four in a cabin. Obviously with two there are not problems, lots of room. The smallest cabin we've ever been in was a small ship in the Galapagos Islands with three of us. It was tight but definitely doable. We went to Alaska for two weeks with two teenage boys (our son and his friend) so there were four of us in the cabin, no balcony but two upper berths. It worked out fine with us. Yes, of course, it's nice for a married couple to have privacy but is it absolutely necessary during a vacation? Not to us. IMHO with the balcony and all the activities on board ship I think you would do just fine. Enjoy the cruise and your kids!