Crafty cocktails in Manhattan

Old Nov 22nd, 2015, 04:07 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crafty cocktails in Manhattan

My husband is enjoying the resurgence of classic cocktail bars, speakeasy style lounges, etc....especially ones that are making their own bitters, shrubs and mixers. Anyone have any favorites in Manhattan...especially interested in Chelsea, Grammercy Park and Greenwich Village?
Old Nov 22nd, 2015, 06:48 AM

Hi denisea, I'm interested too

I read an article in the NYT recently about allspice dram and googled to find it.

Several other articles came up too.
http://topics.nytimes.com/top/featur...ink/index.html

I'm meeting friends for cocktails in NYC this week and chose The Algonquin Hotel for convenient mid town location and I tried some of their cocktails back in April (delicious.. !).
Old Nov 22nd, 2015, 09:17 AM

The Campbell Apartments in Grand Central - overlooking the entire gorgeous terminal - is well known for cocktails and was vote done of the best bars in the US.
Old Nov 22nd, 2015, 09:48 AM

Hi Denisea, we have your previous suggestion of Baccarat on our NYC list. Thanks for that!

We second sassy_cat's idea of the Algonquin Hotel, with its celebrated history in NY, as a great place for a late night drink, especially after the theatre. If you're a Cat Person, you might be lucky and see the famous house pet, Mathilda, hiding under the large Christmas tree in their charming lounge.

And we like nytraveler's suggestion of the Campbell Apartments in Grand Central. We didn't know that it was voted one of the best bars in the US. Thanks, nytraveler!
Old Nov 22nd, 2015, 10:48 AM

Not for cocktails but a show about cocktails that includes 3 drinks. I recently saw The Imbible downtown and they are doing a holiday version in midtown. Both productions are on TDF at the moment. I'd love to go to the midtown one.

http://imbible.org

A Guide Named Sue
Old Nov 22nd, 2015, 11:13 AM
Original Poster

Thanks. We have been to The Algonquin several years back and I do remember that they had a cool cocktail menu ( I am usually not on the hunt for a cocktail, as I am ordinarily looking for a glass of 'Pagne). I will have to sample a few cocktails this time around. I have heard a little about The Campbell Apt, so glad to see the endorsements here.

Tomarkot...Baccarat is so gorgeous. I can't wait to see it decked out for the Holidays!

Have never heard of Imbible....NYC is full of things to do!

Always looking for more!