Search

Cozumel in a day

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23rd, 2008, 03:04 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cozumel in a day

My husband and I are taking our first cruise...a short, 4 day trip to Cozumel. I had checked the shore excursions prior to booking and saw that we could go to Tulum but after booking I found out that it was no longer available. I am trying to put together an itinerary and have come up with a visit to the National Park, the tequila factory, and the archaeological sites in Cozumel. Am I missing any thing? I wouldn't mind seeing a beach but they are not big on my list and places to eat/drink are not either. Thanks in advance for any suggestions. A suggestion on a good tour company would be appreciated too.
Old Sep 23rd, 2008, 04:03 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
You might try the Caribbean or Latin American forums (you've posted this under the United States).
Old Sep 24th, 2008, 07:59 AM

The tequila factory doesn't amount to much. Just a small display of equipment without any explaination to speak of, and the tasting.

I like the El Mercado (market) a few blocks back from the water in town. Great people watching and picture oportunities.

Keith
Old Sep 24th, 2008, 08:40 AM

I'm with Keith - the tequilla factory was not worth the time. We were in Cozumel early this year & the best thing we did while there was rent a jeep & drive around to the windward side of the island. Some of the beaches are beautiful & it was much better than getting hustled by the shopkeepers in town. Some nice little places to stop for a marguerita along the way! The National Park is nice too.
Old Sep 24th, 2008, 09:14 AM

Hi prarihil!

One of our cruises stopped at Cozumel. We made the best of our day by going scuba diving in the morning (one of the best scuba spots ever) and renting a jeep in the afternoon. We drove all around Cozumel and saw "the other side of the island" which was really neat!

Im sure youll get some great suggestions posting here but also check out cruisecritic.com. Weve used that site a lot before a cruise. They will have tons of detailed info on how to spend a day in Cozumel!

Have a great time!