Reload this Page >

Coyote Ugly Restaurant??

Search

Coyote Ugly Restaurant??

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22nd, 2002, 07:24 AM
Brenda

Coyote Ugly Restaurant??

I heard there is a Coyote Ugly restaurant in New Orleans, is this true and if so, how is it? Saw the movie and loved it and was just wondering if its anything like that at all or should I not waste my time??

Old Aug 22nd, 2002, 07:27 AM
rl

its no red lobster

Old Aug 22nd, 2002, 08:56 AM
trenton

Yes, Brenda, real life is exactly like the movies. In fact, after seeing the movie "Pretty Woman," I moved to LA and met and married a hooker.

Old Aug 22nd, 2002, 09:05 AM
DeeDee

Coyote Ugly is based on the true life bar Hogs & Heiffers in NYC and it is a NASTY place.

Old Aug 22nd, 2002, 09:10 AM
S

Personally I wasn't too impressed when another parent took her daughter and mine to see the movie. Our daughters were 10 at the time. My husband was livid.

Old Aug 22nd, 2002, 09:21 AM
x

S: oh please, lighten up. There was nothing bad in that movie. Your husband must be very old-fashioned if he got "livid".

Old Aug 22nd, 2002, 09:26 AM
xxxx

S Don't you check out movies before you bring your children to see them???

Old Aug 22nd, 2002, 09:29 AM
x

After all that, I'll answer the question.
Coyote Ugly is not a restaurant but a bar. Drinks are expensive, like strip club expensive. I didn't see the movie, but I can tell you that when certain things happen (song comes on jukebox, certain drink ordered) bartenders are up on the bar dancing and carrying on.
They do have a really annoying guy sitting outside yelling at you to come in -- you'll see him if you go.
And oh yeah, as I recall Tyra Banks was in the movie. She isn't at Coyote Ugly NO.

Old Aug 22nd, 2002, 09:34 AM
xxx

They just opened one in Atlanta and hade tryouts for the dancers back in July. It is located in Buckhead...lines out the door, if you can only imagine. Cant miss the billboard in the middle of Buckhead with new version of Coyote Ugly. At least their is another place where testosterone can fly freely.

Old Aug 22nd, 2002, 10:01 AM
GB

Coyote Ugly is a bar on N. Peters in the French Quarter. As in the movie, the bartenders give you a bit of attitude and they frequently dance on the bar...along with other patrons. Drinks are no more expensive at Coyote Ugly than they are at any other bar in the French Quarter...unless you prefer the $2 "big ass" beers they sell on Bourbon. As with any other bar, if the crowd is lame then the bar will be lame...if the crowd is fun/rowdy then the bar will be fun/rowdy. I have been several times with friends, both male and female, and hate to admit it, but have had fun. Fridays and Saturdays around 10:30pm seem to be peak times.

Old Aug 22nd, 2002, 11:26 AM
S

The 10 year old child went to spend the night with another child. They took her to that movie without consulting us. They also rented Double Jeopardy for the children to watch. Neither movie is appropriate for 10 year olds. When we found out, we were under the impression that Coyote Ugly was R rated. (It is PG-13) Double Jeopardy is R rated.

x and xxx, you don't take SOMEONE ELSE's child to movies that are rated 3 years above their age. That's a decision left up to the parents. Our children do watch movies that others might not approve of, but they do it with our knowledge, approval, and screening.

By the way, I have found there tends to be far more suggestive comments, scenes, etc. in the PG-13 movies than blatant shots in R rated movies.