Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Could Anyone Suggest REALLY nice NY Hotel?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6th, 1997, 12:15 PM
Angie

It is SOOOOO hard to choose a hotel when I can't see photos of the rooms and views, etc. My husband and I are going on an all-expense paid trip to NY for a week 12-17 through 1-2-97. The last time we stayed at the Ritz ~ overlooking Central Park. This time, I want the view to be lots of Christmas activity . . . Christmas lights, etc. I don't know whether that means we need a view of Times Square or Madison Avenue or Park Avenue or WHAT! Can you tell me a good resource guide I could read to figure that out . . . and a good way to choose a nice hotel? I chose the Ritz the last time, because it "appeared" from the brochures, etc., that it had the largest room. My brother's wife suggested the Waldorf or the Plaza . . . but I thought the rooms would probably be smaller there. A spacious room with a wonderful view is VERY important to me! I will be very, very appreciative of any answer you could give me . . . as I have to decide by tomorrow morning. Thanks! [email protected]

Old Nov 6th, 1997, 12:32 PM
Carla

I just got back from NYC mid October and we stayed at Doubletree Guest Suites. It overlooked Times Square which may be handy for New Years Eve. They were 2 room suites and very "nice" I might add. I've never stayed at the hotels you mentioned but xmas at the Plaza I think would be great!!

Old Nov 11th, 1997, 03:38 PM
ellen

I think this is coming too late for you, but, The Pierre or the Plaza are top knotch.

Old Nov 13th, 1997, 06:35 AM
Malcolm

The Peninsula. Really handy to midtown and Madison, Fifth and all. My personal favorite is The Wellington but at $155 a night, it most likely does not meet your standards of "really nice" There are always the standards like The Plaza, Waldof-Astoria or some of the Hemsley properties.

Old Nov 13th, 1997, 09:16 AM
OGEL

My wife and I stayed at the Newly renovated NEWYORK PALACE ,business floor room on the 35 th floor last month,the view was ST.Patricks...
If we ever go again to NEWYORK we will definetly stay there,very nice and comfortable rooms,price around 300 usd a night/king size bed plus continental breakfast for two...

Old Nov 13th, 1997, 09:17 AM
OGEL

My wife and I stayed at the Newly renovated NEWYORK PALACE ,business floor room on the 35 th floor last month,the view was ST.Patricks...
If we ever go again to NEWYORK we will definetly stay there,very nice and comfortable rooms,price around 300 usd a night/king size bed plus continental breakfast for two...