Honeymoon in Maui, Kauai (June 1998) HELP!!!

Nov 3rd, 1997, 11:35 AM
Lee Begy

Honeymoon in Maui, Kauai (June 1998) HELP!!!

My fiancee' are planning our honeymoon for June 1998. We would like to go to Maui for 4 days, and Kauai for 6 days. We would like to stay at the Embassy Vacation Resort Poipu Point in Kauai, but have been told the Embassy has changed hands. Not sure where to stay in Maui. Any suggestions? How do you feel about the Embassy on Kauai? We would like to keep the budget around $3,000 - 4,000. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Lee Begy

Nov 3rd, 1997, 01:32 PM
Dawn Sacks

I highly recommend the Ritz Carlton in Kapalua - my husband and I spent our honeymoon there and loved it. And I believe they have packages that include breakfast and I know that the rates are pretty reasonable (surprisingly)! The location is great - very secluded and the staff was so attentive! And the rooms are very nice. Have fun!

Nov 3rd, 1997, 05:42 PM
ED

Aloha Lee! That's to get you in the mood! First,if
your budgeting $3000 to $4000 for your whole trip
including airfare, it all depends where you're
flying from. East coast to Hawaii with transfers
to the other islands should run you about $850 to
$1200 depending how far in advance you book your flight. One suggestion is to try Pleasant Hawaiian
Holidays out of California. They've been specializing in Hawaii for many years. I've never
used them,but I know many people who have with
nothing but positive comments. In Kauai, our favorite resort is the Hanalei Bay Resort and Suites in Princeville. It overlooks Hanalei Bay,made
famous in the movie South Pacific with Mitzi Gaynor.
Princeville. The North shore is really paradise! If
you have any other questions either about Maui or
Kauai just e-mail me direct and I'll do my best to
accomodate you.

Best of Luck
ED

Nov 5th, 1997, 12:41 PM
Nancy

Ditto the suggestion to stay on the north shore of Kauai. Did that in June of this year and fell in love with the place. Laid-back, secluded, plenty to do but not lots of people. It felt like paradise!
Maui didn't excite me--too many people. But after a week in paradise, it had a lot to live up to.

Have a great honeymoon.

Nov 7th, 1997, 09:35 AM
Vena

I just returned from my honeymoon in Hawaii and I must say, Kauai is my favorite. Princeville Hotel is fantastic and the staff is the most friendly and attentive. There are a lot of things to do in Kauai. You should take a boat ride down Napali Coast and a helicopter ride as well. If you play golf, Kauai has the most beautiful couses. I did not like Maui. It was too crowded. If you like snorkeling and diving, Maui is the place.

Nov 12th, 1997, 08:17 AM
Paola Contini

I am so jealous that your going to Hawaii. My husband and I visited for our honeymoon in August and we loved it. We visited Kauai and Maui and stayed at the Hyatt at both islands. The hotels are truly spectacular! The Hyatt in Maui has a very romantic restaurant called Swan Court be sure to visit for a special dinner. They also have black swans, penguins and just a beautiful location. Be sure to ask your travel agent to mention to the hotel's that it is your honeymoon as we got upgraded to the Regency Club in Maui.

If you want to hear about things to do, I would highly recommend in Kauai to do a boat ride along the Napali Cliffs, drive up the Waimea Canyon, take a horseback riding trip in Princeville. In Maui definitely do the road to Hana (what scenery), visit the shops of Lahania and be sure to see the lava rock located along the ocean by the Kea Lani hotel. Also, Maui has a winery which is nice to visit and buy champagne and wine which is made on the island.

Have a fantastic time!

Nov 12th, 1997, 02:31 PM
Sue

Lee:If you have ten days, & want to see all of the Hawaiian Islands; then try..American Hawaii Cruises & Land Vacations ! My husband & I went for our 25th wedding anniversary. We spent around $4,000.00
for the 7 day cruise & 3 day land package (air included). We also spent $600.00 for all the optional land tours,rental cars,ect..We loved it! loved it! loved it! can't wait to go back!! Our favorite Island is "Kauai" Happy Honeymooning;-)

Nov 13th, 1997, 09:47 PM
barb

Since everyone else seems to love Kaui so much I decided I'd better defend OUR favorite island, Maui. As the locals say, No ka oi (none better!). We're going soon, our 4th trip. We got married there. We'd move there in a minute if we could afford it. Sure, there are more people there, but there's also more to do there. We think it's the best of both worlds - lots of activities if you want, including some of the best golf and underwater activites on the planet, and some of the most gorgeous secluded places on the planet as well. We like to stay at the Kapalua Bay Resort up north ... and would recommend the Kea Lani (suites, very nice) south in Wailea. Awesome seafood, awesome beaches, awesome scenery, what more can you ask for? It's hard to go wrong there.

ps

Kaui is nice, too, just not enough long stretch of beaches for our taste (except Barking Sands clear over on the far southwest side)...