Reload this Page >

Corporate Event in NYC - May

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21st, 2000, 08:21 AM
Margie

I'm trying to coordinate a corporate event in May in NYC. Money isn't an issue. What I would like is an exquisite dinner and a memorable function afterwards. We've already toured the Harbor so I'm looking for something unique not your traditional visitor tours. The size of the party is approximately 120 guests. Also, does anyone know what events are happening in May on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd? Any suggestions much appreciated.

Thanks!
Margie

Old Dec 21st, 2000, 09:29 AM
Owen O'Neill

I can't suggest dinner options but for the event afterwards tou might consider the Chelsea Piers. A friend's company recently staged a get-together there to which their significant customers were all invited. There are batting cages, outdoor golf driving that overlooks the Hudson and a plethora of fun indoor activities. He said response from those in attendance was extremely positive - it was relaxed and fun.

Old Dec 21st, 2000, 10:06 AM
Lori

We had a corporate event at the Peter Kump Cooking School on 23rd St. that was an absolute blast. You start with a cocktail hour, and then break off into teams to cook. Then you sit down to eat what you just cooked. Really alot of fun.

Old Dec 21st, 2000, 10:12 AM
Michael

I have a good friend that does events planning for HaLo Marketing and he may have some great ideas for you because they do it all the time. His name is Jon and his e-mail is [email protected], mention that Michael from DHR passed it along to you so he does not delete the e-mail.

Old Dec 21st, 2000, 03:54 PM
Marlena

If you don't already have it, I highly recommend the book "New York's 100 Best Party Places : Weddings, Special Occasion, Corporate Events". It's full of great places to have a memorable event...I discovered places in this book I didn't know about, and I've lived in NYC for ten years.
Marlena

Old Dec 21st, 2000, 03:57 PM
Marlena

Oh, and to add to Owen's comment about Chelsea Piers...you can have an elegant nice dinner there too beforehand, at Pier Sixty. Check out their site at:
http://www.chelseapiers.com/event.htm#corporate
Marlena

Old Dec 27th, 2000, 10:01 AM

to the top