coronado/mission point

Oct 1st, 2004, 08:48 AM
Original Poster

coronado/mission point

will be san diego over xmas week with 9yr old and 14yr old. . .Hotel suggestions? Loews Coronado, or Catamaran or Bahia on Mission Point? Bahia has a bayside suite deal for $167. Input appreciated
Oct 1st, 2004, 09:42 AM

I would pick Coronado over Mission Bay, however there are several things to consider. First of all the Leows is not right in town so is not walking distance to restaurants, shops, etc. It is several miles down the road so you would need to have a car. Secondly, it also depends on what you are planning to do for the week. If you are going to SeaWorld, Mission Bay is more convenient. For the zoo it's about the same drive, Coronado maybe a little closer.

Check out reviews on tripadvisor. All three hotels have mixed results. Both the Catamaran and Bahia need some updating. Although Loew's get mixed reviews, I stayed one night for a convention recently and thought the rooms were fine. I think the reason people don't like Loew's is because it is more expensive and they don't see the value for the money spent. If you get a good rate it would be worth considering.
Oct 1st, 2004, 10:00 AM
Original Poster

thank you for the input. . .do you have any personal hotel suggestions?
Oct 1st, 2004, 11:13 AM
ltt

with kids, i'd pick the catamaran or the bahia. people do say they need some updating but for location, they are great. personally, i like the catamaran location better but they are only about 1 mile apart. plenty of restaurants to choose from that won't break the bank and you have the choice of either the ocean beach or bay beach within walking distance. catamaran has a nice pool area although it would have to be heated for december.
Oct 1st, 2004, 11:50 AM

I stayed at the Loews Coronado with my 7 year old in March. He really liked it and I LOVED Coronado. I checked out Paradise Point while we were there and I'm glad I chose the Loews. They do have a heated swimming pool. And the room had a huge Japanese style soaking tub. As the previous poster stated, you will have to have a car if you stay at Loews. It is not within walking distance to anywhere, but a short drive into "town".

Search this Thread