Search

Condo in Maui

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5th, 2006, 08:37 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Condo in Maui

I am getting married on Maui in Febrary. We are looking for a condo or villa for 7 nights with an ocean view for whale watching. Full kitchen and air conditioning are of major interest. Any suggestions? I have searched and surfed and there is so much to choose from I need a place to start.
Thanks for the help
Old Aug 5th, 2006, 10:03 AM

We have stayed twice at the Noelani Condominium Resort. It right on the ocean with 2 pools and a small work out room. There are really nice units such as Studio Deluxe, 1 bedroom, 2 bedroom, etc. I am not sure if the bigger properties have A/C but we did not need it in our Studio Deluxe in April 2006 or July 2001. The only thing about this property is that there are no restaurants but there are lots of places nearby. Also it does not have a sand beach but in April when we went we saw some whales and the view was phenomenal. I am sure we would have seen more whales if we had gone in February. I think we paid about $165 a night for the Noelani and we loved it. I would go back anytime. It is so nice and small and relaxing *sigh*
Old Aug 7th, 2006, 11:59 AM

I would highly recommend the condos at Wailea Elua. We have stayed in Kaanapali and Waiela (twice), and the Wailea area is much quieter, and the beaches/snorkeling are amazing. In this part of Maui, you will find some of the higher end resorts, along with a wonderful walking trail.
Old Aug 7th, 2006, 12:40 PM

I think you need to mention your budget before anyone can seriously recommend a place.

We've stayed at the Mahana several times, it is just north of Ka'anapoli and ALL the units are full ocean front with lanais. They have a/c (not sure you will need it in Feb) and full kichens, as well as daily maid service.

The pool is small but we were more interested in having the ocean front accommodations so it never bothered us.
Old Aug 7th, 2006, 04:38 PM

Polo Beach Club is a wonderful property in Wailea.
Old Aug 7th, 2006, 05:13 PM

I second the Mahana. We've stayed there every year since 1999. They've been remodeled within the past 2 years just mention it's your honeymoon and you'd like one of their nicer units when booking.

The views from there can't be beat and it's only minutes from the hustle and bustle of Kaanapali and Lahaina.

Congrats!
Old Aug 10th, 2006, 05:04 PM

We also stayed at the Noelani. We were in Maui in Feb 20004. Saw whales from the lanai every day. We stayed in a studio -- no air, but we really didn't need it. I'm not sure about the bigger sized condos. Very friendly staff, great pool, grills you can use, and very reasonable price. Check it out!