Colorado Springs Nice Place To Stay!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4th, 2007, 03:34 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife and I are taking our son to Colorado to visit a friend of his for a few days and we thought it would be a great opportunity to see a place we've always heard about but never have visited in Colorado Springs. We heard that the Broadmoor was very nice but pricey,...and we would like to see some of the sights aswell but not sure what would be cool to see,.....can anyone help or is anyone from that area. Thanks
Old Apr 4th, 2007, 04:09 PM

Pikes Peak, Cave of the Winds, Manitou Springs Cliff dwellings),Royal Gorge, Garden of the Gods, lots to do and see. Gazillion places to stay besides Broadmoor...I'd stay in Manitou
Springs.
Old Apr 4th, 2007, 04:11 PM

The Broadmoor is nice and pricey. But is a historical hotel with a lot of class. Personally I think CSprings is so so. But it does have some interesting area -- old Colorado Springs is not too bad, the Garden of God's rock formation are very nice, Air Force Academy is worth a visit, there is a decent mountain zoo, the cog railroad to the top of Pike's Peak is terrific in the summer, a little to the south is the Royal Gorge, and Manitou Spring is to the west in the foothills. On second thought maybe CSprings isn't too bad.
Old Apr 4th, 2007, 04:19 PM

I used to live in the Springs. There are alot of nice and well priced hotels on the north end of town. All the hotels will have maps of their properties on their websites. Seven Falls is great and is worth checking out too. With all the new security measures I am not sure how much you will be able to see at the Air Force Academy.
Old Apr 5th, 2007, 12:40 PM
Original Poster

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP. HOPEFULLY I CAN RETURN THE FAVOR FOR YOU OR SOMEONE ON THIS WEBSITE IN THE NEAR FUTURE. THANKS AGAIN!