color purple

Jun 26th, 2006, 02:25 PM
Original Poster

color purple

Hi,
Sorry if this is a repeat.
I posted yesterday, and it has never shown up:
Is it safe to assume that I will be able to get half price tickets for Color Purple the day of the show (will be going sometime in July)or should I buy them ahead of time, and if so are there any discounts available?

I also asked about weekend versus weekday. I assume that hotels are cheaper/more available on weekends, but does the opposite hold true for theater?

When would be the best time to go for the overall best prices and the least crowds?

Also, any thoughts on the new "discount" hotels that have recently opened such as the Hilton Garden Inn in Time Square?

Thanks again!
Jun 26th, 2006, 02:39 PM

I don't think you should assume you fan get Color Purple at TKTS. Check tdf.org/tkts to see if it's been available recently. I don't think so. I think they sold a lot of tickets for the summer. broadwaybox.com isn't working right now so can't tell about discount codes.

People really seem to like the Hilton Garden Inn.
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev..._New_York.html
Also the Hampton Inn Times Square north
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev..._New_York.html

Some hotels are cheaper on weekends (the ones downtown in the financial district and some in midtown that skew to business people) but the ones in the Times Square area probably not.

If you try to use discount codes for theater, many don't hold for Sat. night.
Jun 26th, 2006, 02:42 PM

It DID show up; it just went unanswered and "fell" down the list.
http://www.fodors.com/forums/pgMessa...1&tid=34825864

Just click on your screen name (or someone elses) to see what threads you (or they) have posted to.
Jun 26th, 2006, 02:43 PM

The chances for The Color Purple to be available at TKTS on a weekend are slim. As mclaurie noted, broadwaybox.com (one of the sites for discount offers) isn't operating right now. However, I don't think there are any discount offers for The Color Purple right now. I'd suggest getting tickets in advance. It's playing to near capacity right now.
Jun 26th, 2006, 03:45 PM

The other one's there, but it doesn't have any replies (that's why is sinks to the bottom and you didn't see it).

Click on your name in blue after the word "Author" at the top and you'll see a list of everything you posted or replied to.
Jun 26th, 2006, 03:50 PM
Original Poster

Thanks!