Colonial Williamsburg Advice

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11th, 2006, 11:25 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have a July 4th week rental at a condo around the Williamsburg area. Is there enough activities to do for an entire week with kids (ages 8,11)? or just a long weekend?
Old Mar 11th, 2006, 01:30 PM

Years ago when my son's were 10 & 13 they were the ones that wanted the three day pass to Colonial Williamsburg. We didn't even have time for Jamestown or the amuesement park. I would think that you could easily find something to do for a week...but I'm sure it will be crowded over the 4th!

Utahtea
Old Mar 12th, 2006, 07:22 AM

I think a week should be a good amount of time, There are a variety of planned activities that you can do in the historic area--participate in some colonial event. There are also haunted tours in the evenings. The historic site also includes a place called Carter' Grove that is a 5 or 10 minute ride away and we thought that was quite interesting as well.

Then there is Jamestown and Yorktown to explore as well as Busch Gardens and a water park (name escapes me right now).

We went a few years ago for 4 days and I felt we were too rushed to do everything we wanted to do.

Throw in some fireworks and maybe some time at the pool and you will fill your week up quite nicely.
Old Mar 12th, 2006, 07:47 AM

We spent a week in Williamsburg about four years ago. Our son was 15 at the time. We visited Colonial Williamsburg, Jamestown, Yorktown, Busch Gardens, Water Country USA. There really is plenty to do for a week. We enjoyed it very much. The only negative was the heat and humidity. Be prepared, it will be very hot and humid in July.

Old Mar 12th, 2006, 07:51 AM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
If you do a search here under Williamsburg you will find lots of activities in Williamsburg and the surrounding area to keep you busy for a week. Don't look for Carter's Grove. It is closed. Do consider twilight passes for Busch Gardens and Water Country. The crowds start to leave in the afternoon.
Old Mar 15th, 2006, 04:24 PM

You could easily spend a week here:

2 days Colonial Williamsburg
1 day Jamestown and ferry to Surry (combine with visit to College Run Farms over there to see what's in season)
1 day Yorktown - Victory Center and walking the town / playing on the beach
Va Living Museum is great
Aquarium in Va Beach is really neat
Water Country USA & Busch Gardens are both fun for kids

There really is lots to do, see and learn in this part of the country!

Enjot
Old Mar 15th, 2006, 05:00 PM

We took our kids for a long weekend and didn't have enough time to do everything. A week will be great.