Collette Tours

Old Apr 28th, 2022, 09:25 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Collette Tours

We're doing a 14 day tour to the National Parks. Have never done a bus tour so a little anxious. What do you do about laundry???? We'll be moving almost daily and would really like to keep our luggage down.
Old Apr 28th, 2022, 11:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I do mine in the bathroom sink, regardless. I test wash my clothes beforehand - if they don't drip dry overnight they don't get to go. (Aside from socks, they are better with two night stays.)
Old Apr 28th, 2022, 01:17 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
As thursdaysd says, only take things that are 'wash and wear' and and layer-able, and do any necessary laundry in your sink as soon as you check in. I've only ever taken a couple of bus tours and always travel carry-on-only, and on those tours only needed to wash out underwear, a blouse or two, and sometimes socks. In 2 weeks you shouldn't have to do any 'major' laundry.
Old Apr 28th, 2022, 04:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Make sure you take couple plastic zip-lock bags.
Some times even underwear/socks do n't get dry over night: Put in plastic bags and inte suitcase. Hang up to dry at next overnight.
Many european bathrooms have heated towel racks...not so in USA "yet"
Hoped you have a great time...truly the "wonders of nature"
Old Apr 28th, 2022, 05:48 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
You're in national parks... Just wear the same clothes every day. No reason you need to wash jeans in two weeks if you take a couple pair. Wash out a top now and then in the sink (pack a couple plastic hangers to use for drying). Pack14 underwears and 14 socks in ziplock bags (and sit on them to make them smaller Viola!