Masks and testing NYC

Search

Masks and testing NYC

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23rd, 2022, 08:54 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Masks and testing NYC

I am just wanting to see how things are currently in NYC regarding mask wearing and vaccination/ testing records for going in stores, restaurants, tourist attractions, etc. Are they still required? If not, are a lot of places still requiring it on their own?

Thanks for any insight.
Old Apr 23rd, 2022, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by Okie
I am just wanting to see how things are currently in NYC regarding mask wearing and vaccination/ testing records for going in stores, restaurants, tourist attractions, etc. Are they still required? If not, are a lot of places still requiring it on their own?

Thanks for any insight.
It depends on the store, restaurant etc.

Some stores still require that you wear a mask while inside - they will have a sign on the door. In restaurants, it depends on what the management wants - some require that you wear the mask until you are seated or ready to eat. Others have no restrictions,

Requiring proof of vaccination isn't that common these days but you never know some place might want it.

As for tourist attractions (including Museums), you should check their websites. Many still require that you make advance reservations for a timed visit (in other words you can't just walk in off the street). As far as I know masks are still required (and some may want proof of vaccinations.

As of today 4/23/2022, masks are still required to ride public transportation in NYC (Subway, Bus, Metro-North RR and LIRR.) It is also required on the PATH system (between NYC and NJ).
Old Apr 28th, 2022, 06:09 PM

Currently making plans for NYC mid June family of four.
All 'main" tourist sir]te are make ahead 'timed" tickets.
Especially SOL already into July...
I happen to have membership in Met. Museum of Art, so i do not need "timed" ticket and I can take one person in with me.
At this time all indoor sites require masks...vaccination proof " is "hit & miss"
at this date "Upstate New York is having upsurge in Covid cases Hopefully this will diminish by summer.