Cody Nite Rodeo Question

Search

Cody Nite Rodeo Question

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25th, 2007, 01:06 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cody Nite Rodeo Question

Hello All... We have our August arrangements made for Grand Teton and Yellowstone with a one night diversion to Cody. I really want to take my boys to the Cody Nite Rodeo. Can you reserve a specific night ahead of time? Or is that not necessary? If not, what is recommended to get a good seat? THANKS>>>
Old Feb 25th, 2007, 05:38 PM

We went a couple of years ago. You don't reserve anything, Just get there early and you can sit right over where the bull riders come out. I don't remember what time it was. But I think it was about an hour before the rodeo started. It was not boring, we watched people warming up their horses etc. They are so beautiful. We got this advise from a local lady working at the museum. You really should spend a day or two in Cody. The museum is wonderful.
Old Feb 25th, 2007, 06:26 PM

This might help:

http://www.codystampederodeo.com/

Hope you can stop by the museum. It's very well done. The Native American section had us all in tears - very moving information and great exhibits.
Old Feb 25th, 2007, 06:29 PM

Oops, that's the info on the Stampede over July 4th. Here's info on the Nite Rodeo from a Cody website:

A full rodeo every night, all summer long with performances every night from June 1 to August 31, there are many opportunities to see live rodeo action!

The Cody Nite Rodeo is the longest running rodeo in the United States, having operated for over 60 years. Many of the nation's greatest cowboys started their rodeo careers in Cody.

Bull riding is the big event, ending each rodeo with a guaranteed thriller. Calf roping, team roping, bulldogging, and cowgirls' barrel racing are some of the other favorite events.

Kids from the audience can "cowboy up" too, joining in stick horse races and calf scrambles. Kids of all ages will enjoy watching the rodeo clowns at work, both entertaining the crowd and artfully helping to keep the rodeo participants out of harms way.

The Cody Nite Rodeo is starts every night at 8:00 p.m. at Stampede Park.

Concessions and souvenirs are available on the rodeo grounds, you can even get autographs at night's end!

Tickets may be purchased at the gate after 7 p.m., or in advance at the ticket wagon in City Park, the Cody Chamber of Commerce, and businesses throughout Cody.

For tickets call 800-207-0744.

For more info, call the Cody Nite Rodeo office at 800-207-0744.
Old Feb 25th, 2007, 06:34 PM

Make sure your boys wear sneakers to the rodeo. There is a calf chase where children 12 years and under try to pull a ribbon off the calf's tail. My son wore flip flops, but wanted to participate so badly that he took them off and ran barefooted. His feet were black after the chase. It was a hoot!

We bought our tickets at the Holiday Inn gift shop the day of the show.

Your boys might also enjoy the nightly "shoot- out" in front of the Irma Hotel. I think it is around 5 pm.

Have fun!
Old Feb 25th, 2007, 07:06 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the advice...so you don't need advance tickets. Sounds like if you get there at 7pm you should be able to get a good spot (?). Does anyone know how long the rodeo lasts?
Old Feb 26th, 2007, 05:48 AM

Just arrive the night of the event. The parking lot is huge. You can buy the tickets right at the box office. There are food concessions. Sit on the far side (not the "side" you enter on). That will put you right over the gates where the performers enter from & you will also be able to see the pens where all the animals are kept. The kids will like that. When you exit the arena, there will be some cowboys giving out free posters & signing autographs. You can also buy a program but do so when you arrive because they do not sell it at the end. Events last about 2 hours (?)