Clothing for Cape Cod in August

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24th, 2007, 05:23 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know folks hate the "what should I wear" topic, but here's another one. We'll be in Boston for 4 nights in early August then on to Provincetown for 3 nights. I've checked weatherunderground.com and the temps in Provincetown seem to average the 70s and 60s.

Hopefully, we'll be able to enjoy some activities on the water - maybe a sail and/or whale watch - and I wonder if we'll need sweatshirts or jackets.

Could someone please give me a rundown on what to wear? Are Boston and Provincetown wildly different?

I'm guessing Provincetown is very casual, and Boston is a little more staid?

Just need some general packing info...thanks so much in advance, and I'm REALLY looking forward to this trip!
Old Jun 24th, 2007, 05:28 PM
Original Poster

While I'm at it, I may as well just ask another question...we've booked a room at the Crowne Pointe Inn in Provincetown. Anyone have any experience with it?
Old Jun 24th, 2007, 05:31 PM

You'll need a sweatshirt or sweater at night - but "forget" to pack one so you can buy one One of my favorite sweatshirts is from Ptown. Ptown is very, very casual - as one would expect at a coastal vacation location. If you are just sight-seeing in Boston, then the same clothes will work. If are going to be doing any work or going out to the theatre at night, you may want something a bit nicer. But, other than that, relax and enjoy.
Old Jun 25th, 2007, 03:25 AM

A man will need long trousers and at least a nice polo shirt to go out to dinner at most reasonably nice places in Boston in the summer. If he wants to eat in bars, fast food, and tourist-oriented places, shorts will be fine. The same is sort of true in Provincetown in the evening, though anything goes during the day.

Old Jun 25th, 2007, 09:18 AM
Original Poster

My husband never travels without a sports coat (unless we're going to Key West) so I think we'll be covered. "Forgetting" the sweatshirt is a good idea!

Any info about the Crowne Pointe Inn?