Search

Boston

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13th, 2007, 04:42 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boston

I will be travelling with my wife to Boston in early August and am looking for a reasonable priced hotel central Boston 4 nights and then I am going down ro the Cape Cod/ Hyannis Point area for a furher 4 nights also looking for ideas in that area fo places to stay.Additional information with regard to both areas would be also welcome
Old Feb 13th, 2007, 04:55 AM
hdm

I'm not sure what's reasonably-priced for you but we stayed at the Lenox in Boston and quite liked it. We walked everywhere from there.
Old Feb 13th, 2007, 06:19 AM

clonard: it would be easier to recommend if we knew what you considered reasonable - it just varies so much from person to person -
200? 300? 400? would you stay in a guest house/B & B set up or do you want a full amenity hotel, etc.
Old Feb 13th, 2007, 07:36 AM

Try the Chandler hotel.Nice neighbourhood.Close to all the sites ot subway.Paul
Old Feb 14th, 2007, 04:42 AM

When we stay in Boston we always stay at the Copley Westin. It has a great central location, with public transportation to places like the North End and is within walking distance of many shops and Newbury Street boutiques. If you will have a car, they have valet parking for $40. If you do not have a car, which you really do not need in Boston but which you will need in order to get to and around Cape Cod, you will find it quite easy to take the T to other locations in the city.
As for Cape Cod, we always stay at the Fort HIll Bed and Breakfast in the National Seashore in Eastham when we are on Cape Cod. Other interesting locations, like Provincetown, Wellfleet, Orleans, Hyannis and Chatham are all within a 2-30 minute drive. The two suites in the main house are lovely and the cottage with ocean views is fabulous. Price is reasonable and totally worth it since you do not pay a tax and get a full breakfast. The outer cape is much more "authentic" than the Hyannis area which is heavily commercialized. Since the cape is a year 'round destination you will not feel too isolated in Eastham. Orleans,which is 2 minutes from Eastham, has many fine dining places and shopping that is open all year.