clothes for early August

Old Feb 4th, 2001, 11:23 AM
Amanda

clothes for early August

Hi! My name is Amanda and I am a college student in Florida. In early August I am interning at the Chimpanzee and Human Communication Center in Ellensburg. Can anyone suggest what type of clothing I should bring? I'm a Florida girl so I want to make sure I will be warm enough. Thank you all so much!

Old Feb 4th, 2001, 11:54 AM
Sandy

Where might Ellensburg be located? California? Michigan? Texas? South America??? Please remember that ALL POSTS GO IN THE SAME U.S. MESSAGE BOARD!!

Old Feb 4th, 2001, 12:23 PM
Amanda

I am very sorry, but I thought I was posting under the rest of the Washington messages.

Old Feb 4th, 2001, 03:08 PM
xxx

Amanda, for future reference, there is only one forum, the gfeneral US forum, where all messages appear. Highlighting a state when you post does not affect where your message will appear. Choosing a state from the list only affects a search you run on the board.

Old Feb 23rd, 2001, 01:05 PM
jackie

It should be hot in early August, though probably cooler at night than you are used to.

Old Feb 24th, 2001, 05:19 PM
Pat

Ellensburg is a small town right on the edge of the Cascades and the start of the Columbia Plateau. In August, it will be hot, dry and WINDY. The wind blows pretty much all the time. It can get chilly at night because of the altitude. It's pretty, but not at all like Florida.

Old Feb 25th, 2001, 08:46 AM
GOL

Go on wunderground.com and check historical weather for nearby towns. Sample the last few years...

Old Mar 1st, 2001, 02:43 PM
marc_o

well let's see... bring shorts and t-shirts, wrangler jeans, cowboy boots, flannels, and a good down parka that is wind resistant! Just kidding, think desert climate, hot in the day and cold in the night. It's a big college town but empty in the summers.