Search

Cleveland Rocks!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12th, 2002, 11:09 AM
saZZa

Cleveland Rocks!

Just returned from a wedding and weekend in Cleveland and I must say Cleveland ROCKS.

Stayed at the Hyatt downtown and walked to everything, except the wedding, where we were chaufered by Lolly the Trolly

Toured Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Saturday morning, saw the Titanic Exhibit and IMAX movie in the afternoon at The Great Lakes Science Center, (call for reservations before you arrive, super busy) Walked along the lakefront park and enjoyed the boats and WWII sub in dry dock there. Wanted to tour it and also another ship nearby, plus see the Tribe play (Jacobs Field is beautiful), but ran out of time and went to the wedding instead

Sunday morning after a great brunch (can't think of the name, but close by) we went to University Circle, an eclectic area, and visited the Art and History Museums.

Ate at Fat Fish Blue, a fun blues club with good food, then spent the evening in the Flats, the restaurant / club area on the river. Great people watching and yacht watching! Just good fun! Hated to leave this a.m.

Must admit we were pleasantly surprised at the city, very clean, upscale and hip. We plan to return next summer for a weekend.

Just one question, where was Drew Carey? We missed him!

Old Aug 12th, 2002, 12:57 PM
Clevelander

Glad you enjoyed Cleveland. We got a lot of flack in the 70's but the city has turned itself around. A great American success story.

Old Aug 12th, 2002, 02:35 PM
Gretchen

I too just got back from a weekend in Cleveland for the gymnastics championships. I was very pleasantly surprised myself. They have done a great job with the city. I wished we had stayed at the Hyatt. Had a suite in the Renaissance but had problems with them at check in. They are trying to say my reservation was to start an evening earlier. I will need to dispute it on my chage card I guess. We were supposed to have a suite on the conierge floor but because of "my error" they could not provide us with that per the manager. Very funny thing however, when I spoke to someone else at 7 AM the following morning they had a suite on the concierge floor if I could move into it within 10 minutes or so!!!!! Beautiful city though! Kudo's to them.

Old Aug 13th, 2002, 04:22 AM

Old Aug 13th, 2002, 05:32 AM
porter stewart

I've been to Cleveland. It most definitely does not rock.

Old Aug 14th, 2002, 04:51 AM
ttt

Old Aug 19th, 2002, 07:45 AM
topper