Reload this Page >

clearwater beach,florida

Search

clearwater beach,florida

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3rd, 2002, 05:27 PM
mj

clearwater beach,florida

We are a family of 4 looking for a hotel/resort on the water in Clearwater Beach.Does anyone have one that they would recommend??We will be there the last week of March.Thanks!!

Old Jan 3rd, 2002, 06:37 PM
Laurie

We stayed at the Sheraton Sand Key last summer and I thought it was a nice resort for a family. We also got a good deal booking from the Sheraton's website.

Old Jan 3rd, 2002, 07:11 PM
c

I'd also recommend the Sheraton Sand Key. I was there a few years ago in March and was glad to be a little removed from the spring break crowd.

Old Jan 7th, 2002, 03:44 PM
beth

mj:
Make sure and post a message when you get back! I'll be going to CW Beach the week after you go. Good websites for searching for hotels are:
roomsaver.com
www.floridausa.com
www.beachdirectory.com
Happy Travels!

Old Jan 8th, 2002, 04:24 AM
Dottie

Ditto for Sheraton Beach Sand Key. But beware the beach FEELS like it's a mile long from the hotel to the water. (Just a very big beach) Also, Crabby Bills on the circle at the Marina is a good place for families to eat.

Old Jan 8th, 2002, 12:33 PM
peg

Sand Key is lovely, but more residential with lots of high rise condos, and it is quite removed from the action and activities... depends what you want. And, though the beach is gorgeous, swimming on the gulf side of Sand Key is discouraged because of stingrays in the area.

If I had kids/family, I'd stay in C'water Beach where there are restaurants, shops and other activities within walking distance, including the pier, which is active every evening. The beach is perfect, the water very calm and swimmable, etc.

The Clearwater Beach Hilton often comes up on priceline for about $55/night. Even though they have a "resort fee" of about $8/day, and you have to pay for beach chairs, etc., it's still a lot less than rack rate or even discounted rates. It's a decent hotel, right in the middle of everything. Not sure given spring break how available it'll be, but it's worth a shot. There's also an Adams Mark, just south of the main beach. And there are many smaller hotels in the area -- Best westerns, holiday inns, etc., and hundreds of little mom/pop places.

Good luck!

Old Jan 8th, 2002, 12:56 PM
susan

A note on the stingrays: when they're there (I think August is the primary time of year), they're EVERYWHERE. Certainly not simply centered around Sand Key. They're all up and down the coast and beaches normally have warning signs about doing the "sting ray shuffle" to avoid stepping on them.

Old Jan 9th, 2002, 10:01 AM
peg

There weren't any stingray signs on Clearwater Beach this year at least. Only Sand Key and points south.

Old Jan 11th, 2002, 02:18 AM
Jennifer

I suggest Adam Mark. The rate is reasonable and it locates at a very very convenient spot - one minute walking distance away from the beach. The view and room are both great.

Sheraton is a nice hotel but little bit isolated.

Hope you can enjoy your trip.