City Pass for NYC attractions?

Feb 11th, 2019, 01:08 PM
Original Poster

City Pass for NYC attractions?

Will be visiting NYC in March with 4 adults.
Places we want to visit:
9/11 Museum
Statue of Liberty/Ellis Island
Empire State Building

Q1: Any need to buy advance tickets for late March? (don't want to wait in lines, but prefer not to have time-specific entries)?
Q2: Any of the available City Passes make sense for seeing these 3 attractions?
Feb 11th, 2019, 04:27 PM

If those are the only 3 paid attractions you want to visit, a CityPass might be worth it. But you have to be willing to get on the first ferry to the Statue because you donít get to skip the line there. Even then, add up the actual costs before you buy. The cheapest 3-attraction CityPass is $83 and the price goes up on March 1.

And be aware that the topmost floor of the ESB is closed for renovations until August.

The only way to skip lines otherwise is to buy all in advance and commit to specific times. Sorry but thatís the way it works.
Feb 12th, 2019, 08:34 AM

I think there are 2 or three type passes. Take a look at their websites and see if one fits for you. On my recent trip they did not. There was always at least one attraction I wasn't interested in. That said I did buy my ticket to the Met in advance and was able to skip the line (of which there wasn't one. ha!).
Feb 12th, 2019, 09:41 AM

I don't think that I have ever found the passes, in any city, to really be worth the cost.

Just a suggestion. I took the early morning tour at the 911 Memorial. It starts at 8:15am and you do need advanced tickets. The tickets are $65 an well worth every penny. They limit this tour to about 30 people and you are the only group in the Memorial until 9am when the regular tours start.