Cincinnati Hotels (downtown maybe?)

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23rd, 2003, 07:55 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband and I will be in Cincinnati for one night in June. For various reasons, we will be having dinner at The Boathouse. It will be a long day for us so I want a hotel that's not too far (less than 20 minute drive) from the restaurant. I searched the archives but the recs in the most recent thread were for the Westin and Cincinnatian, both WAY out of our price range. I'm looking for something clean, quiet, (Hampton Inn-ish quality) and under $100 for a night. Suggestions?
Old Apr 23rd, 2003, 11:44 AM

I have stayed at the Mariott Courtyard several times and it is very close to where you are going!
Old Apr 23rd, 2003, 12:58 PM
Original Poster

I can't find a Courtyard Marriott in Cincinnati; could it be the Cincinnati Mariott at RiverCenter in Covington KY?
Old Apr 23rd, 2003, 02:55 PM

The Marriott Courtyard is in Covington, Ky. It's on the river (more or less). I've not stayed there but have attended a business meeting there. Nice enough (Marriott - you know what to expect) so if it fits your price range, I'm sure it would be fine. To go to The Boathouse, just get on I-75 North, cross the river and you're in downtown Cincinnati. The Boathouse is East of I-75 and if you need more specific directions, let me know and I'll get them for you. At any rate, this Marriott is fairly close to the restaurant you'll be going to.

On The Boathouse, I've eaten there and while it's been very good, it's never been "great." Ribs are their specialty. It's always crowded and the noise level is high, but people seem to love it. I'll admit, the attraction of dining on the river is rightly deserved,so, I'm sure you'll have a good time.

I'm a new transplant to this area (from Chicago). I certainly don't know all I should as yet, but if you have any other questions, I'll try to answer them.

Elf
Old Apr 23rd, 2003, 03:00 PM

Whoops, Pices, just read through this thread again, and the hotel I was referring to was most likely the Marriott at River Center. It's the only one on the river front and I think that's what you might be looking for.

Elf
Old Apr 24th, 2003, 07:42 AM
Original Poster

OK, the best price I can find for the Marriott is $139. That's still a bit pricey. any other ideas?
Old May 15th, 2003, 01:15 PM

My suggestion: go to www.priceline.com choose downtown/riverfront location and a 4 star hotel. This week I got the Westin for $79 per night. Anything downtown is close to the Boathouse. Good luck!
Old May 30th, 2003, 05:41 AM

Hi!
I live in the suburbs surrounding Cincinnati.
Your best bet would be to look for hotels in the Northern Kentucky area.
That is just across the river. Maybe two minutes to cross the bridge - that close.
Everything is acessible in that area from downtown Cinni, by several bridges across the Ohio River.
Not much to choose from in hotels downtown. Most are pretty pricey.
Your best bet will be in Kentucky - less crime (especially against your car)and better prices. Maybe try the Draw bridge Inn (I've never stayed there but it's right off of Interstate 75.
As for the BoatHouse - it's very popular and yes it is very loud. It one of those places you either love or hate.
Personally, I'm in the not to fond of it crowd. There are much better places to eat.