Search

Cincinnati

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8th, 2005, 04:23 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cincinnati

I have a weekend coming up in Cincinnati (actually Sharonville) and would like sugestions for interesting or unique places to eat. I have already tried Cincinnati chili.

Not necessarily looking for fine dining, more someplace like Schmidt's Sausage Haus und Restaurant which folks on this board recomended in Columbus.

Keith
Old Jun 8th, 2005, 04:46 AM

Montgomery Inn in Montgomery for EXCELLENT ribs (pork or beef..but get the pork) Or go downtown to the Boat House and eat the same ribs overlooking the river.
Old Jun 8th, 2005, 06:57 AM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Try Grand Finale on Sharon Road or Vincenza's on Chester Road near Kemper.
Old Jun 8th, 2005, 08:07 AM

Do you have any favorite types of food? There are a lot of good spots in Cincinnati and it hard to narrow them down. Montgomery Inn and any Cincinnati Chili are really the most quniticential Cincinnati (as Schmidts is to Columbus - where I actually ate just two weeks ago - yum!).

BBQ Review is good for brisket (skip their pulled pork) and has an old dining car where you can get ice cream. Primavista is good italian food w/a great view. Pompilio's in N KY is good causal italian food w/a fun atmosphere. Rincon is good mexican. LaRosa's if you want pizza. Newport on the Levee is a neat outdoor complex on the KY side of the river (Istanbul Cafe is my favorite - turkish food).

You said not necessarily fine dining and though the food is fabulous (chosen best restaurant in the city by Cincinnati Magazine), BOCA is trendy casual so it doesn't have a snooty atmosphere. I'm going tomorrow night and can't wait - they have some different price fixe options and the food is always innovative and top notch.

Let me know if you need any other info - I love giving pointers on my home town!
Old Jun 8th, 2005, 08:22 AM

I feel I should add that if you are interested in steakhouses, there are a bunch owned by Jeff Ruby that have very good aged steaks (Precinct, Carlo & Johnny's, South Beach Grille, and Jeff Ruby's). Jeff Ruby's is my favorite with it's art deco high energy atmosphere (and I like their sides the best).
Old Jun 8th, 2005, 10:30 AM
maj

Just wanted to add Jag's in West Chester, Chocolat Morel in Mason as well as Sturkey's Encore restaurant in West Chester if you want to stay in the northern part of the city.