Reload this Page >

Christmas shopping, done in 1 hour!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11th, 2002, 05:32 AM
Done

I know it's not travel related, except that it saved me lot's of traveling to the stores, but I'm thrilled!

I just did all my shopping this morning. For the first time I did it all online (LLbean, Circuit city, Sports Authority and Bergdorf Goodman), had my lists, my items, did the whole thing in 1 hour and most of the sites had free shipping.

The internet is a wonderful thing. Easiest Christmas shopping I've ever done!

Old Dec 11th, 2002, 05:35 AM
Done

Just to Clarify, Bergdorfs doesn't have a website, but you can get their number online and just call and tell them what you want.

Old Dec 11th, 2002, 06:24 AM
Gina

After being in the mess yesterday, I think I am going to do the rest online. One suggestion I have for the teenage drivers on your list, gasoline gift cards. I know Speedway has them as do other stations. My teenage nieces and nephews who drive are always scrounging around for gas money as are the college kids.

Old Dec 13th, 2002, 05:09 AM
Tim

I did some on-line shopping yesterday too and purchased toys from Amazon, software from Amazon (free shipping), dishes from Crate & Barrel (they are having a very good sale by the way!) and gift cards from Starbuck's (free shipping). I bought 4 gifts in an hour, did not over-pay, and actually ENJOYED shopping - something I wouldn't have done if I had been at the mall!

Old Dec 13th, 2002, 05:15 AM
Rocky

The gimmick of this season is "The Biggest One Day Sale in History!!"Not sure who started it,but Sears/JC Penneys/Foleys/Dillards everybody.And they all open 6-7am so I shop after the gym/swim time.

Old Dec 13th, 2002, 05:52 AM
x

Rocky,
Did you know that by shopping at the Biggest One Day Sale in History you waive all your consumer rights forever?

Old Dec 13th, 2002, 06:28 AM
Kathy

I saved a ton of money with my online shopping this year. Do a search for whatever store you want to buy from and "coupon". I save $65 off a leather coat from Eddie Bauer with a discount code I found on the internet. Saved $10 on a $50 order from JCPenney. Got a $30 gift certificate from amazon.com by order from Lands End through the amazon.com site.

Couldn't find the coupons for all of the orders, but I was amazed at what I did come up with.