christmas in florida

Old Dec 4th, 2005, 10:39 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
christmas in florida

as posted previously,we are in florida for christmas, but now need to know how warm it is and what to pack ? shorts & t-shirts or jumpers & jeans ? as the temp here (England)has dropped a lot! many thanx shell.
Old Dec 4th, 2005, 11:06 AM

We spent two Christmas vacations at WDW. Weather was variable. A few days we needed sweaters and jackets, other days were fine for T-shirts when the sun was out. Shorts OK, but with heavier tops. Two days were cold enough that we wished for gloves and scarves for evening. Layers (no surprise ) are the key, because by mid day, we'd be peeling off the sweaters, but looking for them again if it was cloudy and breezy.

WDW can be a very special place for the holidays. Hope you enjoy it!
Old Dec 4th, 2005, 12:18 PM

You don't say where in Fla. and temps can vary pretty dramatically. Go to wunderground.com and look at historic temps for the city you'll be visiting. It should also give you celsius info.
Old Dec 4th, 2005, 12:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Some years ago I was in Tampa/Clearwater area Christmas week. It got down to 32 F on 2 mornings; later that week we took the kids to the beach. I guess I'd suggest prepare for warm, but be ready to buy a fleece to keep warm.
Old Dec 4th, 2005, 01:12 PM

where in Florida. If you're going to Miami/Ft. Lauderdale/Naples/Keys then definitely shorts, t-shirts and sweatshirt for the mornings....air conditioning on during the day and in the evening jeans and light sweater since most places are cold from the air conditioning.
Old Dec 4th, 2005, 01:20 PM

Right now, it is wonderful. I have all my doors open to my courtyard and pool. Be prepared by layering clothes. I personally don't wear short sleeves in Florida during the winter but often wear shorts. You will not need a down or heavy coat.

You don't say how long you're staying. Let's say you're here one week. I'd bring one casual and one dressy jacket, two sweaters (just for variety), one wind breaker, long-sleeved tees, shorts and pants, skirts, whatever your druther. Then if you want to be prepared for HOT weather, bring one set of clothes for that. You can always buy something Florida-ish to wear while you're here for a souvenir.
Old Dec 4th, 2005, 01:20 PM

Dear friends,

Shellof2 mentioned he/she had posted previously. I clicked on his/her name and read on the previous posts that a trip is planned for Orlando.
Old Dec 4th, 2005, 01:33 PM

I will post later in the week and tell you what the weather is then. It was colder last week, then hot as could be two weeks ago. It's the rainy fronts that make it cold, then a few days later it's warm again.
Old Dec 4th, 2005, 02:07 PM

It all depends on where in Florida you are going. If you are in North Florida, expect cooler weather--low's in mid 30-40's highs in 70's. Where I live, East Coast (near Cocoa Beach), it's been low's of 50's and highs of mid-70's. Just keep checking weather.com ... it will be beautiful no matter what.
Old Dec 5th, 2005, 12:46 AM
Original Poster

so sorry, i forgot to say we are in Orlando for 2 weeks over christmas, from 15th to 29th. Thank you to all who have responded anyway, without knowing where. Shelly.
Old Dec 5th, 2005, 05:05 AM

For an idea of what temps might be go to www.weather.com, type in Orlando FL and check out the ten day forcast then average hi/lo temps for the month of Dec.
Old Dec 5th, 2005, 03:55 PM

I lived in Orlando for 18 years and can remember hot, cold, warm, rainy, and every other type of Christmas time weather you can think of. And it can change in a matter of hours. Bring clothes you can layer so you can peel off one layer at a time if it warms up.
Old Dec 6th, 2005, 05:37 AM

Hey, UK. The high in the entire US yesterday was 84 degrees in Tavares, FL a hop-skip away from Orlando. Even warmer than Key West. But a cold front came through yesterday so brace for cooler temperatures.