Christmas dinner in Los Angeles

Old Sep 10th, 2005, 03:16 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Christmas dinner in Los Angeles

Aloha! We will be in Los Angeles on Christmas Day for a family reunion. Any suggestions for a nice, but not too dressy buffet for a group of fourteen people ranging from 13 to 80 years old?
Old Sep 11th, 2005, 10:06 PM

Aloha! What kind of food are you looking for?? What price range or does it matter? Are you familar with Todai? It's a little pricey, but there are now TONS of Todai-type places in the L.A. area that are more reasonable. Most of these should be open on Christmas Day.

Although not buffets, there are also tons of places that have good "local food." One of these places does have a buffet/brunch on Sundays. But not sure if they're going to be open on Christmas Day.
Old Sep 12th, 2005, 08:57 AM

Hi! It all depends on how much you want to spend and what kind of food you are looking for. I have taken several out-of-town guests to the buffet at the Lowes Hotel in Santa Monica. Pricey, but a nice view of the Santa Monica pier. It is a nice restaurant but you do not have to be "dressed up"
Old Sep 12th, 2005, 08:21 PM
Original Poster

Hmmm...We have a Todai in Hawaii and I have been able to avoid the seafood/sushi buffet so far. As for price, let's say under $50 per head since it is Christmas Day. American, PacRim, Fusion, California, Southwest for food preference. I've heard good things about the Loew's in Santa Monica. Does it have a dinner buffet. We have a wide range of ages and tastes represented in our family including some picky eaters. Mahalo in advance for your help!
Old Sep 13th, 2005, 09:56 AM

I was going to ask you if you've been to Todai before! But if $50 is your max, there's quite a few choices to choose from. The problem is just finding ones that will be open on Christmas Day. The Hilton at Universal Citywalk has a very good buffet for around $30/person. It's mostly Chinese, Japanese, and Korean food. It was open on Thanksgiving so it should be open on Christmas Day.
Old Sep 15th, 2005, 03:48 PM
Original Poster

Mahalo BigJim!

I'm calling Hilton today to make tentative reservations for Christmas Day. Any other suggestions are still welcome.