Search

Chocolate

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18th, 2000, 04:21 AM
Reetty

Chocolate

Where is the best place to buy chocolate over there- coming from Australia next January - and cant get by without chocolate!

Old Jun 18th, 2000, 05:42 AM
lizz

I'm from England and compared to Europe the chocolate here isn't very good. In some super markets you can buy suchard and lindt if you're looking for quality choc or if you just need a sweet fix there's lots of candy bars like snickers etc. Hope that helps.

Old Jun 18th, 2000, 06:40 AM
Emily

If you're going to be on the west coast of the U.S., try Sees Candy. It's sold out of little white and black shops and the chocolate is very fresh and delicious.

Old Jun 18th, 2000, 07:38 AM
angelofpatrick

Reety - You'll no doubt get a lot of opinions on this question, as chocolate is a universal love! My votes go to Sees, Gharadhelli, and Fannie Mae (the "pixies" are super yummy.....chocolate, caramel and pecan clusters). Gharadhelli can be found in supermarkets nationwide, but Sees is west coast concentrated and I the only area of the States I've seen Fannie Mae is in the midwest. The latter 2 are independant stores and the chocolate is not sold in supermarkets, etc.

Old Jun 18th, 2000, 05:28 PM
kalena

If you are stopping in Honolulu, there's great chocolate at the Honolulu Chocolate Factory in Ward Center. Also at Nieman Marcus and Liberty House, fourth floor.
Aloha!
k

Old Jun 19th, 2000, 09:26 AM
CM

What parts of the US will you be visiting? Tell us, and I'm sure you'll get recommendations for lots of great local chocolate shops!