Chicago weekend

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 08:10 PM
Linda

Chicago weekend

Have a chance to make a quick trip to Chicago and not much time to research. Will be going this Thursday if we can put it together. Need to know the best, most economical locations to stay that would be close to the sites and/or public transportation. Just want to see the Sears Tower, Navy Pier, the loop, take a boat tour, things of that nature. Any ideas on where we might stay that would be close to these areas or have easy access to them? I like to research but this just came up so I would appreciate some ideas for a starting point. We will only have 2 nights there.

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 09:14 PM
Jim Rosenberg

Linda, you want to be somewhere near Michigan Avenue -- Chicago's Magnificent Mile. I just looked on quikbook and I'm not seeing any steals, but people have been doing very well on Priceline many weekends, so you could give that a try. Of the zones offered, you want South Michigan Ave., North Michigan Ave. or Lincoln Park areas. There are some nice 4-5 stars. (My personal pick would be the Hotel Monaco, if you can get it; very interesting and unique. I've also stayed at the Palmer House Hilton a few times and I really like it). From the Michigan Avenue, you can walk to Navy Pier, do the boat rides or whatever. There are trolleys to ride on, too. Lots of great restaurants, watering holes, shopping and activity. Have fun!

Old Aug 6th, 2002, 02:27 AM
ddd

Well it must pay to check Quikbook frequently because I just found ten hotels available for Thursday all under $100 and close to Mag Mile, public transport, and most of the sights you listed. (Not the Sears Tower...but I like the view from the John Hancock Observatory better!) There has to be something on the list that appeals to you and you won't find a better price. Allerton Crowne, Radisson, Raphael, House of Blues, Lenos Suites are among them.

RUN don't walk to Quikbook if one of those look interesting to you.

Old Aug 6th, 2002, 03:01 AM
Jim Rosenberg

ddd is absolutely right. The Thursday night arrival seems to make all the difference. (I had mistakenly punched in Friday's date).

Old Aug 6th, 2002, 04:35 AM
Sandy

Be sure to check the price of subsequent nights when you use Quikbook. The next night may be significantly higher.