Reload this Page >

Chicago - Talbott or Raphael Hotel??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12th, 2000, 09:15 AM
Roger

We will be going to Chicago this summer for vacation, yet again. We normally stay at the Best Western Inn of Chicago, but I was wondering about either of these places. I can get a good rate and Fodors rates them high. I would appreciate input from anyone who has stayed at either, or both, of these establishments. Thank you.

Old Jan 13th, 2000, 06:21 AM
Allison

Forget both and stay at the Drake. You will not be sorry.

Old Jan 13th, 2000, 07:36 AM
Roger

Thanks Allison. I wish I could!!! I'm afraid the Drake is way over my budget. Maybe one of these days. Do you know anything about either of the hotels I inquired about?

Old Jan 13th, 2000, 08:50 AM
Al

We used to live directly across the street from the Raphael. Very nice, small (no conventions!!!), excellent location, a block from the Drake (for those who care to spend the big bucks), a just one block off the Magnificent Mile of N. Michigan Ave. Sorry, don't the Talbott. Have you checked their web page?

Old Jan 13th, 2000, 01:03 PM
marilyn

The Raphael is in a great location off north Michigan Avenue. It often has rates that make it more widely available than other higher-priced options in the neighborhood and it compares very favorably in amenities. It is a small hotel with boutique accessories such as in-room bathrobes. I have stayed both there and at the Drake, and it compares very favorably with the Drake but is much smaller. Talbot is similar, I think just west off Michigan, but I have not stayed there.

Old Jan 13th, 2000, 01:10 PM
sabrina

Haven't stayed at either one but both hotels are on Delaware Place, which is a nice area. You're in the heart of North Michigan Ave./Gold Coast area with lots to do. Go with the cheapest one, because you can't beat the location either way.

Old Jan 13th, 2000, 05:29 PM
shar

We have stayed at the Raphael many times. Staff is usually nice and rates are pretty reasonable. Be careful though, their valet parked my car and stole all the cd's out of my trunk cd player and also took the cell phone out of a coat pocket in the trunk....

Old Jan 14th, 2000, 04:42 AM
Al

Shar: if you know this to be true, why didn't you report it to the Chicago police and press charges?