Search

Chicago Spa

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3rd, 2002, 07:10 AM
Daughter

Chicago Spa

I would like to send my mother a gift certificate to a spa in Chicago for her upcoming birthday; she lives in the 'burbs.
Any suggestions?

Old Apr 3rd, 2002, 07:32 AM
Sistah

Daughter: Do you want the city or near the burb where she lives?

Old Apr 3rd, 2002, 07:36 AM
Daughter

I think she would like to go downtown Chicago for the "big day". Any suggestions or perhaps another website?

Old Apr 3rd, 2002, 07:54 AM
Beth

My fav is Channings Spa on Oak Street just off Michigan Avenue downtown. A supposedly wonderful spa opened lasted year (some say better than those downtown) out in the burbs. Osha (maybe Asha nots sure) salon and Apa at Woodfield in the Schaumburg area if you don't want to head downtown.

Old Apr 3rd, 2002, 07:56 AM
Sistah

Daughter: you can check out Elizabeth Arden on their web site to get an idea of what they offer & how much they charge at www.elizabetharden.com

Old Apr 3rd, 2002, 08:12 AM
Daughter

Thank you! I looked into Channings and it seems perfect! I like that they have "packages" and offer gift certificates! Mom will LOVE that it's on Michigan Ave. She surley will be Queen for a Day.

Old Apr 3rd, 2002, 01:38 PM
Heather

I hope that you chose Channings ... it's wonderful. I live and work 2 blocks away and wish I could afford to go more often. Drop me an email if you would like a nice restaurant suggestion for lunch and/or tea before or after her spa session.

You're a very nice daughter! Happiest of birthdays to your mother.

Old Apr 4th, 2002, 05:56 AM
Daughter

I did indeed choose Channing's. They were very friendly, too! I just called them and had them put the gift certificate on my credit card and now they're sending it out to my mom!

Thanks so much, ladies.