Chicago show

Old Apr 7th, 2006, 05:26 AM
Original Poster

Chicago show

We are going to be in Chicago later this month and want to see a couple of shows. We have already seen Wicked. So we are considering getting tickets to "Spelling Bee". I have not read many reviews. Is this a good show? Any other suggestions???
Old Apr 7th, 2006, 08:01 AM

Check the show site at: www.spellingbeethemusical.com. It has info on the B'way, SF and Chicago productions.

There are lots of other choices right now. The Chicago Shakespeare Theatre on Navy Pier is doing A Flea in Her Ear and Macbeth, Spamalot opens April 18 at the Palace, and Urinetown is at the Mercury Theatre.

Check www.playbill.com and click on Regional/Tours or www.metromix.com
Old Apr 10th, 2006, 09:29 AM

Hi rubytwo,
Are you interested in dramatic plays while in Chicago? Or are you more interested in the genre of musicals or comedies? I have some suggestions, but don't want to bore you if they're not exactly what you're looking for.
Old Apr 11th, 2006, 12:38 PM
Original Poster

We have tickets for the symphony and other than that we are open to suggestions. We are open to suggestions..plays of any sort, musicals, dance. We will be in Chicago April 24 through the 28th..
Old Apr 11th, 2006, 03:05 PM
Neopolitan

I don't know much about the company doing it, but A Flea In Her Ear is a wonderfully funny classic French farce. It has mistaken identities, slamming doors, revolving beds, a wild Spaniard who lisps, and a man with a bad speech impediment, all cloaked in turn of the century costumes and sets. It's a fun evening.

And have you seen Urinetown? It's a bizarre, but I think very good musical about a time when people have to pay to pee.