Search

Chicago Pizza

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7th, 1999, 05:33 AM
Paula

Chicago Pizza

Thanks for all the responses to my query on "Chicago Restaurants". After reading several posts, I'm convinced that we need to try Chicago Pizza on Friday evening. It is a dilema, though, because several places have been mentioned-Giordano's, Edwardo's, Uno's and Gino's. What's the best bet for first-timers. We're staying at the Chicago Hilton and Towers on South Michigan. Any other suggestions for breakfast Saturday morning?

Old Apr 7th, 1999, 05:45 AM
kristi

All of the pizza places you've listed are excellent. My personal favorite is the Chicago Classic at Uno's, sausage and fresh tomatos-yum! I'm also quite fond of Giordano's and Edwardo's. Gino's is the tourist pizza place-there are usually long lines to get in on the weekends and is my least favorite of the four. Make sure you order stuffed or deep dish as that is the specialty here. Enjoy!

Old Apr 7th, 1999, 05:45 AM
kristi

All of the pizza places you've listed are excellent. My personal favorite is the Chicago Classic at Uno's, sausage and fresh tomatos-yum! I'm also quite fond of Giordano's and Edwardo's. Gino's is the tourist pizza place-there are usually long lines to get in on the weekends and is my least favorite of the four. Make sure you order stuffed or deep dish as that is the specialty here. Enjoy!

Old Apr 7th, 1999, 06:26 AM
Bill Irving

I live in the suburbs of Chicago, & Gino's has expanded to a number of sites out here. Gino's is my favorite. The lines can be long out here too, but it is not just a place for tourists. The long lines can also indicate a place worth going to. I have friends from Madison, WI that come down here every couple of months & go to Gino's & buy 4 or 5 of their extra-large pan pizzas to take back with them. They have Uno in Madison, which my friends like, but they still come here for Gino's. As the previous poster stated, make sure that you order deep dish or pan pizza. If you go to Gino's & you order pizza with sausage on it, make sure you ask for the patty sausage, rather than the crumbled sausage. Good eating.

Old Apr 7th, 1999, 01:12 PM
Al

As a native Chicagoan, I put my chips down on Gino's. Go off hours and there's no line. Buy a big one and take home a doggie bag. It's great. Funny thing, Gino's opened a place out here in Arizona, in Tempe. Same recipe, same ingredients, same casual atmosphere. It flopped. Go figure.

Old Apr 7th, 1999, 08:41 PM
Shawn

My husband and I vote for Giordano's! We order it in about once every two weeks and never tire of it. Yes, we have tried the others, and they are inferior in our humble (yet well-fed) opinion. The crust is crunchy and slightly buttery; the sauce is thick and full of herbs for a homemade taste (especially if you have an Italian grandmother). Is your mouth watering yet? We NEVER EVER eat any other pizza.