Chicago Hotels with 3 kids

Old Oct 8th, 2003, 07:07 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chicago Hotels with 3 kids

Can anyone recommend good hotels to stay in Chicago for a family with 3 kids all under 7 years old? Looking for hotel with a pool the kids can enjoy. And a location near downtown or Near North so that we can walk to some attractions.
Old Oct 8th, 2003, 07:15 AM

How about the Homewood Suites on 40 E. Grand (I think this is River North?). Half a block from the El, block and a half from N. Michigan. There's a rooftop indoor pool, a lavish complementary hot breakfast and manager's reception in the evening.

The HW Suites is one of the quikbook.com selections.
Old Oct 8th, 2003, 07:51 AM

there are several suite hotel options in chicago. Homewood is a good one, as is the Omni Chicago, and there are 2 Embassy suites, one about 2 blocks off Michigan and one at the navy pier. We loved the Omni-great location, pool and fitness center, really comfortable bed, (great rate thru quikbook last year, included breakfast for 2 everyday). We stayed at the Embassy Suites near Michigan two years ago (Ohio or Ontario Street I think) and were disappointed with several things, especially that it was very understaffed (we had to wait way too long for the valet to get our car, rooms weren't cleaned til late in the day, yadda, yadda, yadda) and the pool and whirlpool had so many chemicals in them that everyones swimsuits were ruined. I think there may be a doubletree suite hotel also. We have had very good luck booking chicago vacations thru quikbook.com
The coolest pool in chicago is at the Intercontinental. It's huge, and beautiful. However, the rooms at the Intercontinental are not necessarily condusive to a family of young kids, and the rates there have been high lately.
Old Oct 8th, 2003, 04:46 PM

I would recomend the Embassy Suites Lake Front. This is the nicer of the two, the state st. location in starting to show its age. Embassy Suites always have specials for families where they will give your kids some gift bag when you check in(ask about this when you call). While the Omni and Doubletree are nice, your children will be far less of problem at the Embassy Suites.
Old Oct 8th, 2003, 06:01 PM

I second the suggestion of Homewood Suites. We stayed there in March with our two kids. Your room will have two rooms, two TVs, and a refrigerator. It is within walking distance of several restaurants and a grocery store. Have a great time!