Search

Chicago Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29th, 2002, 08:10 AM
A.

Chicago Hotels

Looking for an inexpensive hotel (under $125)in the heart of things. Cass Hotel looks like it's near everything but don't know anything about it. Any suggestions?

Old Jan 29th, 2002, 11:37 AM
Don

See http://www.BiddingForTravel.com for info on how to use Priceline to snag a nice hotel in whichever area of Chicago you want. See the Illinois-Chicago topic for examples of what people have been getting.

Lots of people have reported getting 4* hotels in the North Michigan Avenue zone on Priceline for prices in the $50-$72 range (using a bonus money link on the BiddingForTravel.com Web site to save up to $5/night), plus the $5.95 Priceline fee per winning bid.

Be sure to read the Hotel FAQs for info on how to come up with a reasonable initial bid and how to use free rebids to maximize your chances of a successful bid.

Usual disclaimers--no vested interest in your using Priceline or the Web site mentioned above, you can't pick a specific hotel (just a star-rating and a Priceline zone), no guarantee you'll match previous winning bids (although it's also possible you could even beat them), yadda, yadda.

Hope this helps...

Old Jan 29th, 2002, 01:04 PM
S.

I stayed at the Millenium Knickerbocker right before Christmas for $99/night. It was a nice hotel with a fantastic location for shopping. Everything else (Institute or Navy Pier is just a short cab ride away.) I booked my room through Expedia... If you are planning to go during the spring or summer you probably are going to have to pay a lot more.

Old Jan 30th, 2002, 05:01 PM
Donna

The Cass Hotel is a transient hotel, unless your a bum with a bottle of booze in a bag I would suggest you avoid it.

Old Jan 30th, 2002, 05:49 PM
Dottie

Dear A
Go to http://www.877chicago.com/hotels
Until March 3rd there are a number of downtown hotels offering rates from $79.00 to $129.00. Also, the Best Western on Ohio offers $99.00 I think, all the time.

Old Feb 22nd, 2002, 09:02 AM
A.

Thanks for your help. I found 119. at the Lenox suites for June dates. Any feedback for the Lenox?

Old Feb 22nd, 2002, 09:07 AM
Windy City

Try hotrooms.com for chicago hotels.

There will be festivals in June, so if your weekend is first one in June, the Bluesfest knocks the prices up some.

The Lenox is a pretty nice, average place. Rooms are bright and clean.

Old Feb 22nd, 2002, 09:12 AM
Lynda

Got to hotrooms.com. They only book in Chicago. Used them last year and got a very good price on Best Western Inn of Chicago on Ohio St. Nice hotel, great location -- 1 short block off Michigan Ave, several blocks from the Navy Pier. Near public transporation, has a restaurant and there's nice coffee shop across the street as well. Just be sure to check the rate when you check in. There was a discrepancy, but when I showed them the email confirmation from hot rooms, they honored that rate. It's a great city. Enjoy!

Old Feb 22nd, 2002, 10:49 AM
x

Don't know about hotrooms. Just went there to check my favorite Chicago hotel, the House of Blues. Their rate was $169 with a Feb special of $129. You can book direct for $125 through 2/28 and $139 after...

Old Feb 22nd, 2002, 11:22 AM
Rachel

Also try quikbook.com-discount rates, but you don't pay til you check in and you have good cancellation policies.

Old Feb 22nd, 2002, 12:49 PM
Carmella

I have also gotten good rates on quikbook.com.

Old Feb 28th, 2002, 10:18 AM
tracy

Definitely try quikbook.com. I have used them several times. The Talbot Hotel is just a few blocks off N. Mich. Ave. and depending on the weekend you can get it for around $125.

Old Feb 28th, 2002, 05:46 PM
mamak

Have stayed at Lenox in the past. Not bad at all, but haven't stayed in 2 years or so. Not a bad location.
We've done ok on priceline

Old Feb 28th, 2002, 06:24 PM
Dan

Lenox is pretty nice with a good location. I think you can get the Talbott for about $119. I like that even more.

Old Mar 27th, 2002, 12:13 PM
A.

Thanks for all the feedback. I appreciate everyone's help.
A.