Search

Chicago hotel near Ford Theater

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3rd, 2007, 11:44 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chicago hotel near Ford Theater

Hi!
my husband surprised me with Wicked tix for Christmas. We will be going Easter weekend - could you please suggest a nice hotel within 10 - 15 minute walk from the theater. I have been to Chicago several times, but would like to stay somewhere different - (stayed at Palmer House Hilton, Park Hyatt, Drake, Congress....). Would like to spend around $150 - $250/nt (not including tax, etc). We will be leaving our toddler at home - so relaxation/luxury is a must.

Thanks -
Jessica
Old Jan 3rd, 2007, 12:15 PM

The Burnham is about a block away from the theatre. It is lovely art nouveau restoration. It is not very big..give one a nice European feel. The rooms are very spacious and the restaurant downstairs is extremely good.
Old Jan 3rd, 2007, 01:08 PM
JJ5

You are real close to Hotel Burnham and Hotel Allegro. The second is actually in the same building as the Cadillac Palace Theatre. It too is a hotel that is more boutique type than the big box or huge 4 star places farther East and/or MI Avenue and/or the River.

I got the Allegro on a Priceline bid last year. Nice place for the $$ I spent. I believe I got it for just around $100 WITH the taxes. Taxes have gone up AGAIN.

Allegro had a whole lot of purple in the decore, if I remember correctly. It was just redone late 2005ish.

It is not the luxury of the Pennisula or W's. There are many other hotels farther, but these two are nice and they are extremely close. 2 to 5 minute walks away.
Old Jan 3rd, 2007, 05:31 PM
Original Poster

tampatwo and jj5-

Thanks for the suggestions. Accodording to reviews on tripadvisor the Burnham has construction next door which is very noisy and distracting. So, I don't want to risk it (I get few chances to sleep-in!!). I will look into Hotel Allegro. Wish the Penninsula wasn't so dang expensive...I have taken a tour of it, wow - so nice.

Old Jan 4th, 2007, 06:39 AM
JJ5

jessicam40, you'll have a nice stay. And over Easter weekend that part of downtown is going to be far more quiet than the River or MI Avenue area will be. Which I too, think is nice. And you could always eat very locally or walk just a bit to River North area from there and 100s of great dining choices.

I love Trattoria #10, 10 N. Dearborn for a quiet place for any lunch on weekday shopping and business hub-bub days. Butternut squash ravioli is good there. But you have lots and lots of dining options.

Old Jan 4th, 2007, 08:05 AM

Also try Hotel 71. You can usually get a good online deal and the rooms are nice, not Pennisula nice but nice.
Old Jan 4th, 2007, 01:53 PM

There's a Westin on the north side of the river on Dearborn. It's not a humungous impersonal hotel and it's within walking distance of tons of great restaurants.