Search

Chicago

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12th, 2005, 06:58 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chicago

Has anyone used priceline for a hotel in Chicago ? How did it work for you and were they quick in repsonse?
Old Nov 12th, 2005, 07:27 AM

yes very recently.

Go to biddingfortravel.com and read the faq's - make sure you understand how to use "free bids". Then go to hotels/chicago and read which hotels are in the area and class you're bidding.

It is imperative that you check the websites of the hotels you're looking at bidding for to learn lowest avail rate for your dates.

It also helps to use their message board to see what is winning (or not) for the area you're interested in.

Then go to priceline. Response time is fast.
Old Nov 16th, 2005, 06:04 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the help!
Old Nov 16th, 2005, 06:24 PM

Here's another huge recommendation for doing your homework and perusing all biddingfortravel.com offers. Top tip is to shop rates through all available resources before getting started.

We stayed at The Drake in September for the ridiculously low rate of $140/night (booked way head) with Priceline. Lowest rate through all other resources was $300. By the time we left home, they were booked solid.

As of some time ago, The Drake (a Hilton) was not coming up, but lots of other fine hotels were at very attractive rates.

I would add that it's a good idea to check Priceline hotel reviews on TripAdvisor.com

And, shop the Priceline packages, where you can pick your flights and the hotel. I've had fabulous luck with the packages. (Again, it's essential to do your shopping first.) Better, you can often figure out with the packages for which hotels Priceline has inventory (but you need a good map to know which hotel is in which Priceline area for bidding purposes) if you want to bid on hotel only.
Old Nov 16th, 2005, 06:26 PM

I just noticed one of your other posts - one night only over Thanksgiving weekend.

Best of luck!