Chicago - 1st time - 3 day romantic weekend

May 15th, 2007, 06:00 PM
Original Poster

Chicago - 1st time - 3 day romantic weekend

Goodness - any suggestions? 3 days - romantic, elegant, fine dining, great food and blues bars. ?
May 15th, 2007, 06:11 PM

!. Dinner at Aria in the Fairmount
2. Water taxi to the Field museum and back at sunset
3. Blues/Jazz brunch at Bistro 110
4. Stroll along the waterfront with your honey
May 15th, 2007, 07:37 PM

On a nice evening, my husband and I love getting a slice of cheesecake to go from the cheesecake factory, sitting on the steps at the base of the john hancock building, taking in the gorgeous sights and sounds of the city.
May 15th, 2007, 08:22 PM

When are you going? Chicago has festivals every weekend which, although not elegant, truly fall under the great food and (sometimes) blues umbrellas. Millenium Park has concerts and such, and can be just a nice place to stroll and is right downtown.

I happen to love the Art Institute more than probably anywhere else downtown.

The Signature Room on the 95th Floor is in the Hancock Building, and gives great food and great views of everything, if you can get in. There is also an observation deck on the 94th floor, which might not be as high as the one in the Sears Tower, but it is still worth the ride in the elevator if you can't get into The Signature Room.

Sometimes the best thing to do is walk around a neighborhood and find a hole-in-the-wall kind of place. They can be intimate, flavorful, and unique.

Check out www.choosechicago.com, there is much more than you can fit into three days!
May 15th, 2007, 08:31 PM

Check out the free concerts in Millenium Park (bring a picnic), afterward walk south through the park down to Buckingham Fountain to watch the light show. Then walk across Lake Shore Drive to The Queen's Landing & take a site seeing boat ride of the Chicago sky line at night. (but bring jackets it is very cold out on the water, even on the hotest nights.)

I cannot think of anything more romantic.

http://www.millenniumpark.org/parkevents/classical.aspx