Cheyenne Frontier Days

Search

Cheyenne Frontier Days

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13th, 2012, 12:55 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cheyenne Frontier Days

We are interested in finding a Cheyenne travel agent that offers complete packages for the 2012 Frontier Days Rodeo, including accommodations, rodeo tickets, evening performances, etc. We would also be interested in plane reservations from Portland, OR to/from Cheyenne.
Old Mar 13th, 2012, 01:49 PM

Received 46 Likes on 17 Posts
This is not a travel agent forum. We can give you suggestions if you want to plan your own trip. It's a great experience and would be easy to plan yourself if you were interested in doing so.
Old Mar 14th, 2012, 10:27 AM
Original Poster

Yes, by all means, we'd apprecciate any help you can give us. The reason we thought of a travel agent is because we're not at all familiar with Cheyenne and thus don't know distances, ticket availability, suitable motels, etc.
Old Mar 14th, 2012, 11:16 AM

Received 46 Likes on 17 Posts
Cheyenne is very small. Book your flights into Denver. Rent a car. Drive less than 2 hours north. If you haven't been in that area you may want to add in some sightseeing in Colorado too. Rocky Mountain National Park is wonderful. Stay in Estes Park to see RMNP.

Here's the website -
http://www.cfdrodeo.com/pages/tickets/rodeo-tickets

Check out the package ticket page too. You can buy rodeo tickets and concert tickets or package tickets that combine the two.

There's an 800 number too.

We went for two days and enjoyed it. That was enough for us. If the hotels are booked for the days you want to go, look for hotels in Fort Collins, Co.
Old Mar 14th, 2012, 11:48 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You can also contact one of the local travel agencies IN Cheyenne such as capitaltourstravel.com which can give you info about local places to stay.

If you prefer you can also fly into Cheyenne and rent a car there but you will inevitably have to connect in Denver.

Frontier Days is VERY popular and accommodations sell out well in advance with the usual price hikes so one thing which is helpful is making reservations early.

You can stay in place like Fort Collins and even over in Laramie (50 miles west) but you're probably better off staying in town.
Old Mar 14th, 2012, 04:33 PM

We went last year and had a great time. We flew to Denver and spent a couple of days in that area. We stayed in Ft Collins. I made reservations months ahead and got a room for a very good price. Cheyenne was extremely expensive and most hotels/motels had poor reviews. It is an easy drive to Cheyenne. We went to Frontier days 2 days. The first day we went to the rodeo in the afternoon and the Charlie Daniels concert in the evening. On the second day we drove to Cheyenne in the late morning, spent some time in downtown Cheyenne, and then went to the bull riding in the evening.

Frontier days reminded me a lot of going to a state fair. However, the food was much worse than any state fair food I have eaten. I think there are only 1 or 2 vendors who control the food service. It was extremely expensive (which I expected), but everything we ate was very poor quality. If we ever go again, I would take a cooler and go back to the car to eat.