Chelsea Hotel

Jun 18th, 2003, 02:34 PM
Original Poster

Chelsea Hotel

Hi there
I am due to head out to miami from scotland in a week and have booked the Chelsea Hotel for two weeks can anyone tell me what it is like, close to beach, clubs, shops, etc?

I would really appreciate it.

Thanks
Jun 18th, 2003, 02:35 PM

are you talking about the one in NYC ?

Celine
Jun 18th, 2003, 02:42 PM
Original Poster

no south beach miami
Jun 19th, 2003, 12:43 AM

Jen, I am booked there for the 3rd week in July...please give me a report when you return if you stay there.
Jun 19th, 2003, 09:22 AM

jenn, I posted my observations on the Chelsea and the surrounding area the last time you asked. It's a true boutique hotel-- small, less than 50 rooms, cool vibe in the little outside patio and lobby. Don't know about the rooms, but it looks like they've spent money on the place, so you're probably fine staying there. Note that you're two blocks from the beach, and the part of Washington Ave immediately around the hotel is commercial and kind of charmless. However, the Hotel Astor is basically next door, and that is a true high-end property with one of the best restaurants in Florida, so the area has its upscale attractions. You're essentially in the center of the club area of South Beach-- B.E.D. is across Washington from the Chelsea, and clubs like Level, Cameo, Crobar, Honey, Jazid and Goddess dot Washington. Collins Ave has hotspots here and there like Rose Bar in the Delano, Nobu in the Shore Club, etc. Shopping? I think you'll find the shops of interest on Collins around 8th-- as well as Lincoln Road Mall (a promenade, not a literal shopping mall). So you're really in the center of it all.

I'll be in South Beach for July 4th weekend, staying on Ocean at the Cardozo (my pied à terre in South Beach). Hope the weather holds up...!
Jun 19th, 2003, 09:25 AM

Oh yeah-- check out this website:

www.southbeach-usa.com

for good South Beach info.
Jun 19th, 2003, 02:12 PM
Original Poster

thanks to everyone who posted some hints for me really looking forward to a party two weeks. jenn x