Reload this Page >

Cheap hotel near Orlando airport?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1st, 2002, 06:51 PM
Nancy

Need just a one-night stay in Orlando near airport - any recommendations on an inexpensive motel with shuttle service to airport? Thanks!

Old Jan 1st, 2002, 07:42 PM
Well.....

There's a Days Inn (pretty close) with shuttle service. Just did a quick check using 1/17/02 as the night and it's $64 without using any AAA or other type discount. I assume you only need a clean place to rest your weary head. We've stayed in a couple, but not in Florida, and their OK, certainly nothing special.
Here's a website with more listed.

http://orlando.guide-to-hotels.com/airport-hotels.html

Old Jan 2nd, 2002, 07:55 AM
Nancy

Thanks!

Old Jan 2nd, 2002, 09:32 AM
Well........

Nancy, found a better one with a cheaper rate at the website below. Its facility is only 3 miles from the airport so even if there's a traffic jam, you won't be seriously affected; includes free shuttle to airport and a continental breakfast.
We've stayed at a couple of La Quinta Inns in California and vastly prefer them to Days Inn.
Beds are good, have excellent working desk w/ phone, tiny bathrooms, and a recliner. They cater to traveling businessmen.
Hint: ALWAYS ask if there's a lower rate for which you qualify or if they have a special promo fare you don't know about.

http://www.discounthotels.cc/Hotels/laquinta-airport.php

Old Jan 2nd, 2002, 09:50 AM
Dave

I recommend the Hyat Regency at the Orlando Airport. We used it as our final night after 2 weeks in Florida. It can be a god send for those early morning/late night flights. You are literally minutes from your gate. Also, the pool, which is outside, with a view of the runway, is great for airplane fanatics. Nice and clean too.
It's a little pricier - but add up the wait for the shuttle, the shuttle fee, and other silly miscellaneous expenses and you can justify this hotel.

Old Jan 2nd, 2002, 10:02 AM
nodays

I have never stayed in a Days Inn that was not a dump. I refuse to use them ever again. They tend to be recycled Holiday Inns, but they are never updated beyond changing the signs. You can be assured that they suck and suck big time. Stay anywhere but in a Days Inn. Oh mama they are so nasty!!!!!!

Old Jan 2nd, 2002, 01:01 PM
Kay

There are several motels and hotels in a cluster just north of the airport. I've stayed at the Fairfield there and it was fine. I got a good rate from an Orlando discount hotel website last year--cheaper than AAA. You might want to check the biddingfortravel.com board for results with Priceline in that area. They can't guarantee shuttle service, though.

Old Jan 3rd, 2002, 05:10 PM
me

I would have to agree with "Dave" in regards to the Orlando Hyatt IN the Orlando Airport. Out of curiousity I checked a rate for 01-11-01 and found with an aaa discounted rate it was $119.00. The time saved would be worth it, and it seems like it would be an adventurous, memorable stay too!

Old Jan 4th, 2002, 10:57 AM
Hellllo!!

Nancy's asked for a CHEAP hotel.

MOST people don't consider the Hyatt at $119 CHEAP.

LaQuinta (WITH FREE SHUTTLE) at $50 is more in line with her request.
LaQuinta Inns are just fine for an inexpensive place to sleep. They're clean, have small pools, free coffee and a roll, etc.

Do you people actually READ people's questions?

Old Jan 5th, 2002, 07:33 AM
suzanne

we always go thru priceline.com for these hotel stays and ask for a three star hotel for one-two nights near an airport. Usually we get a great room for about $40-60 per night, often with pool, etc. etc. It's usually a Hyatt or Sheraton or Novotel, and at least 50% discounted. Only con is you have to pay up front and cannot cancel at last minute. It's the best deal around truly.