Chateau Lorane in Central Oregon

Feb 20th, 2004, 04:11 PM
Original Poster

Chateau Lorane in Central Oregon

Has anyone visited this winery? We picked up some very nice Morechal Foch in Seaside. It was made at Chateau Lorane. Any opinions on this place? We may visit in April if it is nice. ***kim***

Feb 21st, 2004, 10:31 AM

Hi Kim
I live in "Central Oregon" so I opened this to see what it was about. Chateau Lorane is not in Central Oregon, it is in the Willamette valley west of I-5. I googled it and it looks very nice. Check it out. (As you can see, I know nothing about it. Just curious.) If you do visit, please let us know what you think. They and other wineries in Oregon have open houses Memorial and Labor day weekends. Have thought about going but haven't yet. Enjoy! CJ
Feb 22nd, 2004, 12:04 PM
Original Poster

Hi!! I looked at the website and it is right outside of Cottage Grove. We toured the covered bridges in this area in December.

I think it is definitely worth checking out. The wine label is very pretty, right on some lake. So, I will post about it when we visit in April. Thanks for the response. ***kim***
Feb 24th, 2004, 07:05 AM

My cousin had her wedding there two years ago, and the location is beautiful. However, it is a bit "remote" and will take some driving time to get there. The wedding was in the evening, so I wasn't even aware of the winery...so I can't comment on that aspect of it!
Feb 24th, 2004, 10:00 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the response, just the fact that someone had a wedding there is pretty good indication that is a beautiful place. The Morechal Foch was very nice and I noticed on their website they offer other very unique wines. I'm excited to visit here! ***kim***