Charleston, SC Area Help

Old Jan 10th, 2005, 07:37 AM
kenobrewman

Charleston, SC Area Help

Hi,
I'm planning on going to South Carolina in the middle of June. We are going to Charleston for at least 3 days to see what we missed 2 years ago when we were there. I'm looking for another area to spend a few days. We went to Myrtle Beach las time, and did't like that area too much, and I don't know if I want to pay Hilton Head's prices. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Old Jan 10th, 2005, 07:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do you want beach area only, or are you open to small towns? If beaches, think of Pawley's Island, which is much more laid back than Myrtle, and nearer Charleston is Edisto Beach, which is really non-commercial. Both of these places are dominated by rental houses, and have limited hotel - motel accommodations.

If small towns, investigate Beaufort, south of Charleston, near Savannah; or Savannah itself, which is old South charm of a different look than Charleston with its beautiful design along squares.

Across the Cooper River, at Charleston, is the Mount Pleasant/Isle of Palms area, where there are great beaches, hotels, but far less commercial than Myrtle.

Hope this helps.

Jim
Old Jan 10th, 2005, 08:05 AM
GoTravel

If you want beaches, be prepared to pay peak season prices as Mid June is peak season.

What about driving to Savannah?

Beaufort is also a lovely little town.

Old Jan 10th, 2005, 09:41 AM
kenobrewman

I was looking into beach areas, but a nice resort with a decent pool area would fit the bill also. Looking into a relaxing area after hitting the sight seeing hard for the first few days.

Old Jan 10th, 2005, 10:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have you check HH prices? I've never noticed that it's really any more expensive than the beach resorts around Charleston.
Old Jan 10th, 2005, 11:58 AM
kenobrewman

I did check HH prices & for a decent place it was quite expensive.