Charleston, SC.

Old Jan 30th, 2008, 01:50 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Charleston, SC.

Planning on visiting some friends in Mt. Pleasant in mid-to late Feb or early March. Can you tell me what type weather or expect. And if we stay in downtown without the ferries running...how do we travel from downtown to Mt. Pleasant to visit? Are taxis reasonable? We won't have a car. Thanks for any info.
Old Jan 30th, 2008, 02:08 PM

Drinda,
Be prepared for anything at that time of year. I suggest checking weather.com for a 10 day forecast before traveling. Honestly, we could be near 80 or in the 30's...fickle time of year. Sorry, not much help as far as the weather. It is rare to see a taxi here in Mt. Pleasant, but I do know there is a new company: Charleston Black Cab ph: 843-216-2627. I've heard good things about them. If you plan on traveling from Charleston to Mt. Pleasant several times I would suggest getting a car, the city is fairly easy to navigate. Hope this helps!
Old Jan 30th, 2008, 03:08 PM

drinda, if you go to weatherunderground.com and check February averages for Charleston, they average low 60's (highs)/40's (lows.) We never can predict the weather, and like countingdown said, you COULD have some extreme ... but it's more likely you'll get that range, with a little higher early March. A great time to visit Charleston ...
Old Jan 31st, 2008, 08:08 AM

Water taxi only takes you from a point downtown to just the other side of the river. You would still require ground transportation to navigate Mt Pleasant or go to Sullivans Island, etc.

I like on Johns Island and used to live at Folly Beach. I also frequently travel for business. I have been able to take a regular taxi (black taxi is more expensive) from the airport to Folly Beach for $29. From downtown to Folly Beach for $20. I would think you could easily get from downtown to Mt Pleasant for $20 depending upon how deep you go into Mt. P. There are some reasonable car rates however if you plan on taking many taxi's, that may be a better bet.

Have fun in Charleston - I love living in this area.

T
Old Jan 31st, 2008, 09:22 AM
GoTravel

I would stay downtown and not stay in Mt. Pleasant.

The weather will be a crapshoot but because the ocean temps don't really drop below 60 degrees, it will keep the air temps balmy.

Reasonably priced hotels:

Andrew Pinckney Inn
Best Western King Charles
Days Inn Historic District
Indigo Inn

Keep in mind, mid February starts high season rates as Charleston doesn't really have an off season.

Old Oct 6th, 2008, 10:44 AM

Folly to downtown by taxi for $30? We are on Seabrook/Johns Island. Can I ask who you use? I had heard that Black Taxi was more expensive. But the best I am finding is $75+ each way from what is not that much further than Folly Beach.