Charleston over New Years weekend

Old Dec 3rd, 2008, 04:30 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Charleston over New Years weekend

I am traveling to Charleston with two friends (50ish) for four nights beginning December 30. We already have reservations at Residence Inn about mile from historic district - great deal - 2 BR and 2bath so we are set for lodging.

I have been to Charleston before but neither of them has. Any suggestions as to what to do during time there, especially New Years Eve - nothing too crazy - but we would enjoy dinner, maybe a movie, or live music. Also anyplace with great decorations not to miss. I think the house museums are open on New Years Day - any ideas as to what else might be - we are so not football fans.

I haven't been there in five years so am not up on the latest restaurants. I did enjoy Hominy Grill last time but would appreciate any other suggestions as to food, shopping, sightseeing. We will have a car

Pam
Old Dec 4th, 2008, 05:22 AM
DRJ

Wife and I will be in Charleston the night of 2 January. The main reason is to have dinner at McCrady's, one of the great kitchens in the US, IMO.
Old Dec 4th, 2008, 07:12 PM

DW and I have reservations for MacCrady's for December 30th as we'll be in town for New Years week.
Old Dec 26th, 2008, 05:14 PM

I'm traveling to Charleston next week and looking for 2 tickets to McCrady's Gallery New Year's Eve Party. We have a party of 8 attending for my sister-in-law's 50th Birthday party and I unfortunately called too late for reservations. I'm willing to pay a premium for the tickets if you know of anyone looking to sell. We have family flying in from as far as Colorado and we'll be the only ones not able to attend. Please let me know if there is anyone out there that can help!
Old Dec 26th, 2008, 08:58 PM

My apologies to the author. I meant to post a new message and mistakenly replied to this one. Please disregard the message above.