Reload this Page >

Charleston - Francis Marion Westin

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20th, 2002, 12:46 PM
Cindy

I just recently returned from a trip to Charleston, SC where I stayed in the Francis Marion Westin hotel. I was very disappointed in the hotel, as I ususally have good rooms at Westin hotels. While I understood that the hotel is a restored building, the rooms were very dark and not well maintained. I had a suite and the wallpaper was peeling in the bedroom and in the bathroom. Also the curtains were showing quite a bit of wear. The hotel was in a convenient locattion to downtown but for the price I paid (over $200 per night) I wouldn't recommend the hotel.

Old Oct 26th, 2002, 04:32 PM
Wayne

Hi, I would not recommend this hotel either. My wife used to be the Front Office Manager there. I can vouch for the wallpaper, the mold and mildew. Torn curtains, no Heavenly Bed or no Heavenly Showers. And also there were mushrooms growing in some of the closets. Numerous people have checked in to find no sheets on the mattresses, and used thong underwear in the ice buckets. There is poor housekeeping and maintenance issues at this hotel. Also half of the rooms have no A/C! Can you believe that?

And Westin pulled the name "Westin" from this property as of January 1. There is a serious mold problem there, too. If you are allergic to mold or any type of fungus or spores, please do not stay here. There are several guests who are going to sue the hotel for false advertising regarding amenities associated with "Westin" which are not at this hotel.

I'm sure people can find better hotels in Charleston to stay at.

Old Oct 27th, 2002, 12:58 PM
Bill O'C

i used to travel to Charleston on business and my company had a corporate rate at this hotel. My two or three visits there were all poor. All the same experiences mentioned in other message. I much preferred the Embassy Suites just down the street.

Old Oct 28th, 2002, 10:50 AM
xxx

Bill, I don't know where you got your information from but the Francis Marion is STILL a Westin Hotel. I just stayed there this weekend.

Old Oct 28th, 2002, 11:01 AM
xx

Cindy, if things were so bad, why did you spend more than one night there?

Old Oct 31st, 2002, 06:09 PM
Mike

My visit there wasn't so bad. Pricelined it, then got a complimentary upgrade to a suite. It is an old hotel, so the rooms are small to begin with. The suite wasn't much bigger. Overall, it was a quaint hotel, an old hotel, a well located hotel, but not a typical Westin.

Old Nov 25th, 2002, 08:27 AM
Cindy

To XXXXX

I didn't say that I stayed more than one night.